Amiran's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

New profile interface on Google Maps App

Hello fellow Local Guides,

From today we see a change in the Profile section on the app.

Now we see the phrase "Your Profile" instead of "Your contributions" in the side menu.

Also, the interface became more user-friendly and have more white space which makes reading easier.

Note that this new interface is currently available on Android.

A Sample account which shows new profile interfaceA Sample account which shows new profile interfaceInstead of "Tabs" in the previous interface we see sections for "Photos", "Reviews", "Lists" and "Other Contributions" which contains Q&As right now.

There are also two more new good things,

First one is ability to add "Biography"! Wooo. Yes, Google Maps is becoming more social. Users have this ability to add a bio up to 200 characters.Ability to add biography on Google Maps profileAbility to add biography on Google Maps profile

And another feature is the ability to report spammer profiles. This is a very useful feature that we had in Map Maker and now it enabled again.

Reporting spammer profilesReporting spammer profilesHope this new interface cause more good activities on Google Maps and Local Guides program.

Thanks Google for this update 🙂

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: New profile interface on Google Maps App

Apparently this is not yet available everywhere @Amiran , as I still see the 'old' layout. I look forward to seeing the new one!

Thx for posting this exciting news.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 10

Thanks dear @JanVanHaver,

Hope this new interface becomes available for all users asap.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 10

Hi @JanVanHaver 

and today all the 'old' layout Google Maps appears?
to me the 'new' layout appeared.
thanks

Connect Moderator

Just checked @To_paul ... Still the old layout for me. 

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 10

I added the photo @JanVanHaver 

Screenshot_20191109-115208.png