TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: No email received regarding google play perks after reaching Level 5

Hello @imdad_b  Please see what the Google Moderator Tracic said about this :

I am a Local Guide in the same country as my friend who got the email. Why didn’t I receive the email?

Emails are sent to Local Guides in one of the above countries if they are Level 4 or higher and have opted in to receive benefits emails. To see where you are signed up for Local Guides or to update your email preferences, visit your settings. If you are signed up for Local Guides in one of the available countries, check your email preferences as well as your spam or promotions folder. If you are eligible, this perk will be also be visible to you in Local Guides home.

I hope this helps you.

Level 4

Re: New perk: Google Play for Local Guides Level 4+

@TraciC I received an email to redeem my Google play perk and I choose google music for 3 months but it says I am not a new user. I have never subscribed to google music before how am I not a new user? Please review my account.

Level 7

Re: Perks

They also need to keep them perks small as to not to attract scammers/spammers. To offer 1 T is not bad, I pay 120€ a year for that. They would not want me to create 10 false accounts and spam them all into high level with one day. 

Yet I wonder what the future holds once I reach level 7. As I understand noone knows (?). 

Level 5

Sad to see that Nigeria is not included in the perks offer when we have a number of guides. Hope we get added soon 

Level 5

Excuse me. 
Why Vietnamese local guides can't get access to the Music perk 😞

Level 10

Because Vietnam never had Google Music to start? See the country availability here

@travelLinh wrote:

Excuse me. 
Why Vietnamese local guides can't get access to the Music perk 😞

Level 5

Oh thank you!
So now I wonder why it's not available in Vietnam ^,.,^

Level 5

Kudos.

Looking forward to contribute more actively and contributing to the society.

🙂

Level 8

I'm sorry, but how is this a "Local Guides Perk" when you get 3 months free if you are a new subscriber anyway!?

You can't incentivise people with something that they are already getting!

I really hope you guys think this through and offer REAL incentives, for people who put in a lot of time and effort, making Maps awesome.

Also you are totally forgetting those people who put in the most effort and work the hardest. Where are the perks for higher level Local Guides!? OK I do this mainly to help people, but that 1TB Drive space that I go when I started is coming in handy, but that promotion will end eventually, and I know a lot of us, who doing the most work on making Google Maps great, will be kinda upset for being left out in the cold.

So please consider offering more Drive space, or at least extending our 1TB to lifetime. Now that would be a true perk!

Thanks! 

Level 6

So what's the point of leveling up and contributing to Local Guides when I am not going to receive any perks? That is quite unfair to not be able to redeem 3 months of Google Play Music regardless of I'm a current or past member or even if I've had a trial or not. All my time spent for NADA.