TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: New perk: Google Play for Local Guides Level 4+

Sound is Good but there is a problem. If anyone already Activate his/her Google Play Music He/She can not Redeem this offer. I already subscribe my google play music that's why this offer not for me.

Level 6

I'm all for equal treatment. Anybody who has put in the effort should be rewarded on equal terms. Any L4+ guide should receive the three months of free Google Music, including those who already pay for Google Music. Otherwise it's just an ill-disguised promotional offer.

Appreciate your guides!

Level 3

hope Indonesia have music perk to XD

Level 5

unable to redeem New perk: Google Play for Local Guides Level 4+

I've been having trouble redeeming this. I clicked on the link in the email, which brought me to my local guides home page. I clicked on "3 months of Google Play Music" and I got an error that the coupon was already redeemed. When I return to Local Guides home, the Perk button "3 months of Google Play Music" is checked (indicating that the coupon was redeemed) but when I go to Play Music there is no subscription active. When I look at my account, there is no evidence that the coupon was redeemed. My credit card was out of date, but now that I've updated it I am still unable to redeem the perk. I've never subscribed to Play Music before. Anyone else have this issue?

Level 6

So it's not a system of perks just this one perk. It took me the better part of an hour to learn this. Information announcing a new perk is everywhere, the small detail that it is the only perk is not. Says to me this is not a well thought out set up. The fact it is a perk that some people cannot have and it involves paying money to obtain (in the case of the movie) is proof it isn't well thought out.

I was helping to correct inaccurate information so perks were irrelevant but I'll say right now that they're definitely not an incentive. I am unimpressed with this half assed new scheme.

Level 7

It's quite empty.  

I originally joined the program because of the drive storage offer.  Something that has actual value.

I never realized you had to manually claim the reward, so I missed it.

I keep declining the free two months of prime music that everyone gets, I'm not going to be excited by offering me 1 extra promotional month (for new users only) as a reward for populating your maps application for you, with original content. 

My photos have 3 million impressions.  This offer is really insulting. 

Level 9

@Bastian wrote:

The 3 month "reward" is misleading, as anyone who visits the page gets 2 months free just for existing. 

So really, the level-4 reward is 1 month free.

And there's frequently a 3 month trial available for any new users, so it's barely a reward at all.

Level 9

I think it's unavailable in Maldives . It was not listed 

Hope we will get benefits near in future 

But will not giveup 

Level 9

Unfortunately, Nigeria is not going to enjoy either of the two perks.

Nigeria  
Level 8

Agree. All just an advertisement. They should allow the rest of us to save the 30 euros/usd just to appreciate our work.

Quality over matter