EricMartinezPH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

New in Metro Manila, Philippines - Let's have a Meet-Up!

Hello fellow Local Guides in the Philippines!

Kumusta?

I just moved back here after 7 years of living in Latin America and would love to meet fellow LGs, especially those from the metro cities. I know that there's still a HUUUGE potential to expand our community in Metro Manila.

I've asked around and not really many knows about the program and its benefits so I'm thrilled that we have a lot of ground we can cover together in strengthening our Local Guide community.

I still have some stickers from the last Local Guides Summit I attended and would be more than happy to share, to increase visibility and to represent of course 🙂

I also created this new page in FB, to allow other people to know more about us:

https://facebook.com/Google-Local-Guides-Philippines-338255840110389

I'll be requesting the Meet-Up very soon, any suggestions on where we should hold it?

Maraming Salamat and kita-kits soon!

Eric Martinez

Metro Manila, Philippines
14 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: New in Metro Manila, Philippines - Let's have a Meet-Up!

Hi @EricMartinezPH.,

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm!

To find fellow Local Guides from your area, try searching the community for mentions of your city/country to find posts that have that name in the title, body of the post, or the location tag. Feel free to jump into these conversations, engage with the Local Guides near you, and plan a meet-up. Please take a look at this article How to organise a Meet-up.

Please try to mention your location in the subject line of your post (i.e. Meetup at [your city]) or in the ""Location"" field. This way, other Local Guides who are from the same area can find your post easily.

On a related note, you may organise a meet-up on our Meet-Up platform. Once your meet-up is approved, it will automatically appear as a post in the Meet-up section for Local Guides to participate.

By the way, I’ve changed the topic of your post to Meet-ups.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 9

Let's do it! 😄

Level 7

I'm here in Manila as well for almost 8 years but I haven't met another local guide. Definitely hit me up if you're planning a meet up. We could go anywhere - this city is our playground!

Level 7

Hi Eric! 

I saw your vid on yt. It was really interesting. In one minute you have shared a lot of things. I also didnt realize how awesome being a local guide is, all I know is that I can use it to share destinations and my experiences with places that ive been to. I wish to join meet ups and connect with otheR LGs. 

Level 6

Wow.. why only I saw this post just now?? I was thinking if there are other local guides like me in my community. Good thing I came across your post @EricMartinezPH. Too bad I wasn't able to attend the first meet up you organized. Hopefully in the future meet ups I would be able to make it. I'm so happy to know that there local guides in the Philippines.  

Level 10

@JedR How often do you go to Manila bro so we can schedule another one when you're here 🙂

Level 10

@TravisJames Awesome to know to have more Local Guides in Manila! You can also join our FB page here:

https://www.facebook.com/Google-Local-Guides-Philippines-338255840110389/

Will surely schedule another meet-up soon 🙂

Level 10

@reelcarsheeThanks for watching the video! Are you in in Manila? You can also join our FB page here:

Level 10

@Mariz2203 Pleasure to meet you! Are you based in Manila? You can also join our FB page here: