Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: New Video Option in Google Maps

No option for Google local guide 

Level 8

Re: New Video Option in Google Maps QUESTION

Is this new feature in Google Maps limited to Android only?  Meaning a person does not have this option on an Iphone.  

Thank you for your time and energy!

🌈

Patsy

Patsy Clark
Level 8

@davidcox wrote:

@hectorsantillan04  When you click on add a photo it opens a screen that shows three types of things. A camera graphic labeled camera, a graphic for a folder and then some pictures. That is what I see on my Samsung. Then you click on the folder and it may take some time to open. Then with that open click on photos. It will show you all pictures and videos on the camera. Look for a video that you just took that should be top of the list and you can also find it by the time duration and have a play button, not just a picture. Click on the round circle so you get the check mark. Then a button on the top left will show up so you can select done when you are done.  There will be a delay and it will the show up on the screen saying posting publicly with the listing name.  That is how it works on my Samsung S-7.  It is not an easy way to get to the photos. The only way to post is the video has to be on the phone for some security or tech reason on Googles part. So if the video is not on phone have to connect with a cable from the computer to the phone and copy it to the folder on the phone in the DCMI folder.  To get around the gallery try going to the folder.  If you are a windows user, connect to the camera and nose around the phone file structure so you get used to where things are. It should not be that hard but you do make a listing better and get 7 points.

Hope this helps.  If not let me know by describing the breakdown in what I am trying to say is.

Davidcox

I hope this works. Do you know what the video length limitations are?

I will have to shoot a viideo.

Level 6

@PatsyClark    Yes That is correct the new video feature is only available for Android. It is brand new so lets hope Google is working on bringing this to iphone too.

Level 9

It would be really interesting to know why this option is only on Android. Is it a security issue or a tracking and identification of the source? File transfer should on the surface be that hard.

Level 9

Hi brother also there's new update available on google maps just update it you will see the big difference 

Level 8

@راضي wrote:

Hi brother also there's new update available on google maps just update it you will see the big difference 

I updated and do not see any difference 🙃

Level 8
Level 8

Video option working in SA today😁😁😁😁😃😃😃😃😃

Level 8

North Eastern US 

My video option disapeared also.

I reported here how great it was. 

I used it once and it went away forever. In that short timeframe I  lost a couple of videos realtime.  Good videos too 🤔

Have not seen it ever since.  What I do see is an option asking to (what appears) annonimously upload images. 

My environment gets more and more unsteady. 

Level 1

1) Select 'Add Photo'

2) Select Folder option or select video directly from the picker screen

3) Select the folder containing the video

5) One LG told a maximum length of a video should be 30 seconds

4) Press the Blue Arrow on right hand corner on top side

5) Once the video is approved, you would be awarded with 7 points and your video contribution would be updated in the points table.