Rich-r's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[NEW CALEDONIA] NOUMEA tours

Caption: image shows a beautiful beach in Noumea cityCaption: image shows a beautiful beach in Noumea city

This is the second post in my series on the discovery of the city of Nouméa that I started with this post [NEW CALEDONIA] Nouméa la Belle.

Who better than a local guide helping you discover Nouméa in a single day?....(ahem…me ! 😎).

So I choose to propose three tours according to the experience you will want to live : the first tour is a discovery of Nouméa for nature lovers, the second is a cultural tour and the third will show you Nouméa through a sporting visit.

Update: You can, of course, visit these places as you wish and according to your desires or your time. I am not a company, these suggestions are made from a personal point of view and on the basis of 3 criteria
- Visit Nouméa in one day
- Stay in Nouméa city centre and beaches
- Discover at a lower cost.
Again, I use the word "tour" but I am not a tourism agency and you will be the only one to visit and decide which places to discover at your own pace.

Ok, here we go!

As a Local Guide, you are in love with nature

Nature lovers, you will be charmed by the tour I suggest! How about swimming quietly among beautiful corals and fish, having lunch by the sea, and then discovering New Caledonia's endemic fauna and flora? 

We start this tour by taking the direction of the Anse Vata Tourist information centre to go to Île aux Canards by taxi-boat (less than 10 minutes). Allow 1 to 2 hours to discover scuba diving in mask and snorkel along the famous "underwater path" located in the special reserve of Île aux Canards.

Back in Anse-Vata, lunch at the Crêperie Le Rocher, for a light meal with an amazing view of the sea.

After lunch and a few steps away, you will discover the beautiful Aquarium des Lagons. A good hour will be necessary to fully appreciate the wonders of our lagoon.

You will end your afternoon with a two-hour walk in the Parc Forestier a few minutes from downtown. It is a wonderful place and I sincerely recommend it!

I made a detailed map with your itinerary and the estimated time of your excursion for the day, you can see it here: One Day Tour in Nouméa for Nature Lovers!

Don't forget to take great pictures and useful information for the map, and have a wonderful day!

Caption: Image is showing some pictures of places for the One-Day-Tour-Nature-LoversCaption: Image is showing some pictures of places for the One-Day-Tour-Nature-Lovers

As a Local Guide, you love culture and heritage

Would you like to discover the history of New Caledonia and immerse yourself in the cultural heritage of our country while staying in Nouméa? This tour is for you!

Start by visiting the iconic St. Joseph's Cathedral in the city centre for a tour of about 30 minutes.

Visit the City Museum, located a few minutes away, it is a small museum that traces the history of the city since its creation, the visit lasts about 1 hour.

The Maritime Museum is a must to do, it invites you to discover the maritime heritage of New Caledonia wich is really interesting. Playgrounds are also available for children and their families to discover the museum and learn about maritime history while having fun.

Enjoy your meal at the restaurant Le 1881 in a splendid setting surrounded by the sea, do it, it's just great! The site is also historical and perfectly adapts to your cultural tour.

To start the afternoon, visit the Tjibaou Cultural Centre, which offers a concentration of art, museums, shows spaces and media libraries in an idyllic setting.

Its emblematic architecture is the work of Renzo Piano, a world-renowned Italian architect. This place is simply beautiful and exciting, it will take you about 2 hours to visit.

If you have some time left, take a look at the listed historic monument of Château Hagen. It is an artistic and cultural space with the organization of events such as exhibitions, film screenings, dance shows, theatre and concerts.

In one day, you will have visited the main historical sites of the city of Nouméa and it is a very good cultural summary.

Ready ? Your tour is on the map here : One Day Tour in Nouméa for Culture & Heritage!

I hope you will enjoy this visit!

Caption: Image shows the map of One-Day-Tour-Culture and some places you will visitCaption: Image shows the map of One-Day-Tour-Culture and some places you will visit

As a Local Guide, you enjoy playing sports

This tour is for all those who want to discover Nouméa in a sporty and fun way!

It takes between 20 and 30€ to rent a bike and enjoy the whole morning at Les Boucles de Tina. It is a great nature trail with 7.5 km of cycle and mountain bike trails for all levels.

Take a little break, go to the Anse-Vata for a lunch by the sea at the Fun restaurant. The sea view is great and you are a few steps away from your next stop.

After lunch, go to the Anse Vata Tourist information centre to find out where to rent Kitesurf, Windsurf or Paddle nearby and have fun for a few hours (about 2 hours).

You will end the day by walking along the Pierre Vernier promenade, and for those who wish to make a last effort, you can climb to the top of the Ouen Toro!

There are many outdoor activities to do in Nouméa, but this tour is a good choice because it allows you to have fun while visiting Nouméa at a lower cost.

Here’s your map : One Day Tour in Nouméa for Outdoor Sports!

Caption: Image shows pictures of outdoor sport for the One-Day-Tour-Outdoor-SportsCaption: Image shows pictures of outdoor sport for the One-Day-Tour-Outdoor-Sports

Take a look on my photo album here https://photos.app.goo.gl/EfaQyVAsYdtrs8Ji9 , some pictures I took of the places I wrote about in this post.

And shared lists !!!

🌳 One Day Tour in Nouméa for Nature Lovers

One Day Tour in Nouméa for Culture & Heritage

🚲 One Day Tour in Nouméa for Outdoor Sports 

This is the end of my series....

...but it is probably the beginning of your motivation to come and discover my city!

I hope you enjoyed this series of posts on Nouméa, know that it made me want to do more, here are two the posts:

[NEW CALEDONIA] Nouméa la Belle.

[NEW CALEDONIA] NOUMEA tours

So stay tuned because if you plan to visit Nouméa, the content of this post will certainly be very useful and will be updated.

🙏Please tell me if you appreciated this post, if you found it useful, and feel free to send me your comments

Let's Guide!

-----------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading this #ConnectWritingChallenge post!! You can click here to find out more about the challenge and what it takes to make a great Connect post! And feel free to let me know what you think about my post! Do you like it? Do you think it makes for a great reading?

New Caledonia Local Guides -------------------> Do you know the city I live?
If you want to translate this content into your own language, use the Google Translate drop-down menu just below the title of this post.

Nouméa, Nouvelle-Calédonie
11 comments
Level 8

Re: [NEW CALEDONIA] NOUMEA tours by a Local Guide

@Rich-r 

Something wrong. My comment is gone. I'll do it again here.

Nice post. I wanna go to Noumea now. Thank you for sharing this nice post to us.

I really like your detailed maps with itinerary and estimated time. This tool help support your touring company in Noumea. 🙂 Just kidding. I also like the photos you picked. They represent the places you suggest in the itinerary. Nice post.

My suggestion is that you may want to add some space for each section and also add photos with caption of places you mention. For example,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction of the tour

1st destination + photos with caption

Lunch + photos with caption

Late afternoon + photos with caption

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something like that. This will make it easier to read and we can look at photos for each part.

Thank you again for this nice tour in Noumea.

#ConnectWritingChallenge 

Level 8

Re: [NEW CALEDONIA] NOUMEA tours by a Local Guide

Thank you @Ant_Bad_Yogi for your feedback on this post.

I preferred to update my post to avoid any confusion, especially on the fact that I am not a tourism agency!!! 😂

Regarding your comment to organize my content by having more space and photos dedicated to the places to visit, it is a very good suggestion and I will take it into account for my next posts.
By putting them in this way, I wanted to encapsulate some images of the places to visit (but I couldn't put them all together!) to avoid my post being much too long.
Thank you again, and don't hesitate to say Hi to Local Guides if you come to visit Nouméa! 😊

If you want to translate this content into your own language, use the Google Translate drop-down menu just below the title of this post.

Level 10

Re: [NEW CALEDONIA] NOUMEA tours

Another thoroughly engaging journey of beautiful descriptions @Rich-r 

You've broadened the horizons and bring Nouvelle Caledonie to even more spectacular destination!

Bravo 👍😁🇳🇨🇨🇵

SirB
Three Grand Essentials to Happiness: Something to DO, Something to LOVE and Something to HOPE for ❤
Level 8

Thank you for your comment @SirB 

It's good to know that you liked reading about it!

Level 9

I congratulate you, this is one of the best stories I've seen published.

More photos, make us transport to that beautiful place in the world and want to know them very soon.

We must take advantage of every beautiful place in the world to give thanks to God for giving it to us.
@luchotele
Level 10

I love it as it has impressive details @Rich-r 

Keep it coming 👍

Cheers 😀

SirB
Three Grand Essentials to Happiness: Something to DO, Something to LOVE and Something to HOPE for ❤
Level 8

Thank you very much @luchotele for your kind words,

Hope you' ha also read the first post of this serie [NEW CALEDONIA] Nouméa la Belle.! 😊

Dont' hesitate to ask any questions about Noumea, I'll do my bests to answer. And if you've planned to come, please say hi to Local Guides from here, we'll be happy to help you to have the best visit in New Caledonia.

Thanks again! ☀️

Level 10

Yes, you are very right, LG @luchotele - one of the best, I too have seen..👍

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Highly appreciate your efforts to publish a very valuable post about Noumea - Congrats!👍🙏, dear @Rich-r 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me