shaymus1991's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

NE Ohio LOVE

It can be hard being from NE Ohio. We have a culture all our own a language that seems to be strictly ours and a way of doing things that is just a bit different than everyone else. Even saying I'm from NE Ohio makes people question what that means. We seem to explain everything in territories instead of cities, minutes instead of miles, and landmarks instead of streets. It's kinda why we stay here, its why we love it here, and its why i am a local guide. Sure everyone knows Cleveland, and a lot of people know Akron, and Canton. Not a lot of people know us though, NE Ohio is all of that and so much more, Cleveland is our greatest City with the rock and roll HOF and the beautiful lake its truly breathtaking. The museums, the architecture the parks the places to go and see, it truly is a green city on a blue lake. Then you travel 40 minutes south (ya i know i said minutes) and you see Akron, her beautiful Huntington (Formerly First Merit) Tower looms over the once darkness that we endured. Home of the Great LeBron James, Rock stars The White Keys and so a rich cultural past rooted deeply in the Jazz movement of the late 40s and 50s. Again, its another 30 minutes (yup minutes) south to Canton. Her buildings raise from the ground as if untouchable, her people refusing to live even a mile (see i use it) away. Then, you see it, this quirky building off the highway shaped like a football and you know, you feel it, you smell it, you can almost reach out and touch the 100 + year history of this town. How football became the very essence of who Canton is, her night life her bar scene and art district are all great, but the greatest is The Football Hall of Fame. 

Ne Ohio is home to a lot of greats, from the McKinley monument (also Canton) to the aforementioned rock and roll and football halls. Our greatest asset isn't that, its not our buildings, our celebrities or even our night life. Our greatest asset is our people. We tend to love we tend to feel we tend to reach out and be apart of each others lives. we love our towns, our villages and our community. we love our lakes our history and our bars, but what we love most, simply put, is each other. I hope, that by being a local guide that my pictures, my reviews, my edits, my every contribution, can help you all to see that, and maybe, just maybe, someday, I can help make our world a better place because of itDT CLEDT CLE1950's DT Akron1950's DT Akron1950s DT CLE1950s DT CLE1920s DT Canton1920s DT CantonCantonCantonCLECLEAKAKAK Loch 3AK Loch 3CLE at NightCLE at NightCantonCantonCLECLECLECLECantonCantonAKronAKronAkronAkronAkronAkron1950s Akron1950s AkronRock and ROLL HOFRock and ROLL HOFFootball HOFFootball HOFRock and Roll HOFRock and Roll HOF

1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: NE Ohio LOVE

Hey @shaymus1991,

Welcome to Connect.

Thanks for sharing this info. There are some things you wrote that I did not know. Why dont you add a few photos to your post. Its going to make it even more entertaining.

Since you're new to the community, here are some tips to get yourself started:

• First, I'd recommend you to read this topic. It suggests the various ways to have fun and engage as a part of the community.
  • To make the most of your experience here, you can take a look at the posts in the Help Desk.
  • Learn how to make your photo posts even more engaging here.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators