YutaE's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Mysterious object in Napa

The article was made for #monthlytopic. Let's join!

July topic is mysterious objects. See this:

Caption: Mysterious object in Napa town

I've found it in Napa town. Finally, I could not identify it. It's probably an artist's work. Please tell me if anyone knows.

Interestingly, as of March 2019, this object doesn't exist. 

I remembered the timeline function of Street View. AND...

Caption: May, 2012

Caption: May, 2014

Caption: April, 2016

The object existed between 2016 and 2014!!!

Finally, Napa is a great city. The street was beautiful and the food was delicious. 

Caption: Townscape of Napa, Napa Valley Welcome Center, and lunch at Velo Pizzeria

Please stop by before you go to Napa Valley. My favorite are followings:

----------------

I added a side story, thank you for request @MoniDi !!!

At that time, I was staying alone in Silicon Valley for several weeks because I had something to do. And I had time on Saturday so I went sightseeing in Napa Valley. The journey takes about two hours one way. I also love driving, so no problem. I had lunch in Napa Town on the way with a break.

Caption: Timeline of Google Maps of the day

Basically, I like to look for a shop without doing much research. I explore the city and enter a store according to my feeling. It may taste bad, but It is ok, everything becomes a memory :D. Then... I found a strange object while exploring the city.

Caption: Photo collage - Roads, views from bridges, inside the welcome center

I found a very cool car!!! It's my favorite photo in the day.

Caption: Cool car. Does anyone know this car?

After taking a nap in the car, I went to a winery in Napa Valley. I've come to realize a serious fact. I wanted to taste, but I came here by myself, so I can't. But... I just went there. The destination is Castello di Amorosa.

Caption: Castello di Amorosa's architecture

Castello di Amorosa is not only good at wine, but also its architecture is very enjoyable.

Caption: wine, wine and wine

I couldn't drink wine, but I was happy to taste grape juice.

Caption: There is no alcohol.

I wanted to go to more wineries, but it timed out. I went back to a hotel. In the hotel, I didn't drink the wine I bought at the winery, but had anchor saison and chips to finish the day. (Actually, I prefer beer to wine. LOL)

Caption: Beer, Chips and Chopsticks essential for the Japanese

Napa, カリフォルニア州 アメリカ合衆国
14 comments
Level 8

Re: Mysterious object in Napa

@YutaE Thank you for sharing this interesting object with us. I think it looks like a flower. That spot might be a place for artists to show their work. You beat me again this month. I think I found a place to write about, stay tune!

Connect Moderator

@YutaE さん

共有とお題への投稿をしていただきありがとうございます!

ユニークで迫力あるオブジェクトですね、どうして撤去しちゃったんでしょう。そして、次はどんなオブジェクトが展示されるのでしょうね:-)

私はナパのワイン、特にカベルネ・ソーヴィニヨンを中心とした赤ワインが大好きなので、いつかツアーに参加しようと思っていました。その時にはご紹介していただいたお店もぜひ訪ねてみたいと思います。

Google Moderator

Hello @YutaE ,

Thank you for sharing your photos, I wasn't aware of this object in Napa. How did you find it and do you know the story behind it? Do a lot of tourists visit this place?

I am curious to hear about your experience in Napa, like what did you try in the restaurant you visited. Tell us more about it.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Hi @Ant_Bad_Yogi ,

I see. It certainly looks like a flower. And July has just begun. Even if it is not in the neighborhood, there must be a mysterious object. I'm waiting for your post!

@HiroyukiTakisawa さん、

コメントありがとうございます!書いたところはオススメです。是非お立ち寄りください 🙂 カベルネ・ソーヴィニヨンを使ったワインは、追記したワイナリーにもあったと、記憶しています。こちらも是非チェックください。

Hi @MoniDi ,

Thank you for your interest! I added an article for you! Please read it.

Google Moderator

Hello @YutaE ,

Thank you for the additional information.

I think you might be interested in reading this post by one of our Connect Moderators How to write a great post - Basic Tips (Connect Writing Challenge). You could also check the Intermediate and Advanced tips.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Misterios objectMisterios object

Image caption of the objectImage caption of the objectI was passing in  contryside near strange tree and in a second I take a photo ...not so clear,it was taken from car speed.What do you consider it shoud be?X-mass tree ...

Level 9

@MoniDi 

Great information! It's so useful, thank you.

Level 10

Hi @YutaE  it seems to me like a tree whit his roots. Art installations can be Provisional and can change from places to places...

Patrícia
https://www.instagram.com/patricia.praca.almeida/
Level 7

@YutaE Thanks for sharing about your journey in Napa and this cool work of art! That's really fun that it changes every few years so next time you go to visit you can experience a completely different mysterious object. 😉