Gauravkhurana's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

My jouney with local guides and some tips

How it all started

I went for an interview in delhi following the location on Google Maps. It was turned out to be a play ground when it was suppose to be a corporate office.

I came back home and found a way to correct it. i was great to know that we can correct things on Google Maps.

I was not annoyed at all because atleast with the help of Google i was able to reach the nearby location. I like the vision Google have that helping people

Cab companies like Ola,Uber have the backbone as Google maps. Also its very helpful for girls safety and many aspects in the society. With the feature of live location sharing it has just become awesome.

So this way i got connected with the program and used to add things and became super active when that one plus 3t award event was started 🙂

Feedback is very important in life. This is the main reason i am associated with this program. I do use an android phone and other Google apps. So if i am having some problem, instead of cursing this platform provides a way to improve things.

I got a chance to visit Google Office Gurgaon. Its great to meet fellow local guides which were having problems from different angle. The feedback session was great.

Interesting Incident :- There was 1 person at the feedback session. He said the local market (monday market where you buy vegetables) in his colony does not have any particular phone number. So he has put his own number over there. You can imagine the flood of calls he might be getting afterwards

Photography event :- Attended the event where we were told how to click photographs of food in a better way. Shivesh  and muddychoux gave some great tips.

We got one set of photographs under which it was written things to take care while clicking pics. I have pasted that at my office and Everyone ask do you love food. I say i am local guide and people are very much interested to know how they can become guide with Google 🙂

Some of the advice i would like to give and i also follow

1. Try to post photos not just for the points but which add values. For example :- Adding a picture of inside a mall is less significant then the Doctor in your locality.
  2. Add pictures which you think others might not have click. for example :- Picture of contact card of a shop
  3. Try to take pictures which cover a little surrounding so people do understand the context. For example :- A bank board will be same at all location. But i you are taking its picture such that a little surrounding is also covered, people may find it easy to find that place
  4. Now you are allowed to add videos of a place which is a great thing. Do use it
  5. For photograhy of food i follow some of the simple tricks shared in Google workshop. You can use the links to 2 profile to get some idea of Food photography
  6. Adding a new location give you more satisfaction then adding a picture of a place which already has 100+ pics.
  7. Be careful while taking pics and take permission. One guy phone was taken away by the person whom pictures he was clicking and he had to explain him whats Google local Guide. 🙂 He got his phone back
  8. Reviews play a very important role. So apart from Rating, drop a line about a place. That really helps people.

Hope you like it. I am enjoying my journey with local guides!!!!! Stay Awesome

Its great to receive that tuesday email which says your photo and review has been seen by million/billion people ...

Regards

Gaurav Khurana

www.gauravkhurana.in

www.udzial.com