anujgpatil's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

My inspiration to work as a Google Local Guide!

Hey all!

Trekking has always been  one of my hobbies. In the last couple of years after joining college,I got the opportunity to visit some of the finest trekking routes in the Satpuda Mountain range.Sometimes, these visits are so frequent that they happen every weekend of the four months of monsoons.

Getting inside the forests,felling the breeze from off a mountain cliff ,that has been one of my most exhilarating memories of college life.I was lucky enough to find the right peer group for these rides,but everybody ain't so lucky. They used to call me -"Banjaara"-that literally translates to  homeless wanderer -until I turned them into one.

Meeting new friends!Meeting new friends!

I created a Facebook event calling all the enthusiasts on a Trek to Dharkhora Falls , an open event for everybody to join regardless of age ,education,backgrounds and job profiles. After a couple of weeks ,the day was finally fixed and on the D-DAY our team included members from all four batches of my college-Government College of Engineering,Amravati and 4 friends one of which was a doctor,another a clerk and a teacher.

My paltan-team- included over 20 people and we set off in the local transportation,improvised many fronts and finally reached the destination -THE FALLS ! 

The trail ..The trail ..

I also discovered ( for the first ) this different route where the water was just waist deep and one by one all of us chipmunks got in.

THAT there was a moment of realization...

Something I had never felt before...

The sheer joy of being with nature- their eyes were brimming with that joy.Some couldn't stop playing in the water ,some had found their quiet spot and were neck deep into introspection.

Water Drums...Water Drums...

To know that I had played a role in bringing this happiness into their lives,that feeling of satisfaction is the reason why I am a local guide!

That's where I get my MO :-

To be inspired is great..

To INSPIRE is incredible !!!

The ExplorersThe Explorers 

I'm Anuj Patil, a 21 year old technology freak and an unplanned wanderer. I have traveled alone  for my science exhibitions since I was 17 and the madness never seems to come to a stop. Every college vacation gets me into something where I just grab my already packed rucksack and just board a train to some wonderful place with beautiful people. Tell you what, even my  rucksack has traveled more than all of my family added together 😉  

Here's my YouTube channel for my travel VLogs that are due to get published soon !

Hakuna Matata!!!

Dharkhora Waterfall, Banur, Madhya Pradesh, India