Sohel_BD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My first participation in Meetup and gaining my experience

IMG_20201218_164807.jpg

Although I want to go to every meetup in LocalGuide Bangladesh, I can't participate due to my busy schedule. Hearing that this year's 150th meetup will be organized by Sylhet, I became interested to participate. This time I was more interested in camping in the tent at the 150th meetup. To participate, you have to post on 2 local connect post. according to him, I did it 04. I registered, but I was not selected. I was finally selected the day before depositing the money. I got the opportunity with the help of Khokon & Mazharul. Thanks to the admin moderators for giving me the opportunity.

The day before the event the excitement was overwhelming with participation in the first ever local guide program. I left Gazipur by night bus alone. Khokon picked me up on the bus and he will go on the plane. I would also go on the plane if I had already confirmed to get a chance in the program. Anyway, I couldn't sleep all the way on the bus, I was talking to Mazharul on the messenger one after the other. We got off at Kadamtali bus stand in Sylhet in the morning, some time later we came from Dhaka and everyone left.

20201218_063652.jpg20201218_063652.jpg

We went to Pansi restaurant together and our event started from then. After breakfast and tea with the traditional akhni of Sylhet, we all left for Jaflong by bus. The real fun is on the bus, I got acquainted with many people. Mahabub Bhai gave a mask with the words "Path Dekhi Path Dekhay".  

20201218_090223.jpg20201218_090223.jpg

I like the mask very much. A few people on the roof of the bus sat inside and sang songs and reached Jaflong. Arrangements for our stay at Jaflong Green Resort and all local guide programs will be held there. Nice beautiful secluded green resort. After a little rest, we all went out together to see Jaflong Zero Point and Sangram Punji. Nice to visit places with everyone. I took group pictures, took pictures on my mobile phone and laughed every time. Bathing in the icy water was another great moment for me. We came back to the resort and had lunch. Then the organizers got busy preparing for the meetup. 

FB_IMG_1608592367510.jpg

We pitched our tents in the forest of the resort. The local guide's meetup program began later in the evening, with an introductory episode for everyone. How to post connect, how to contribute to the map. Admins and mentors were answering various questions. All the members were divided into small groups under different mentors. In the meet-up program, there was a tea-eating cycle. At the end of the meetup, everyone sang together and watched a movie. The winter was over and the campfire was nice. The night is the barbecue program. Alhamdulillah food was well organized by the organizers. I had the experience of staying in a tent at night, it was a little scary to be very cold that day. Can you spend the night?Everyone rejoiced by lighting a fire before sleeping in the tent. Anyway, in the name of Allah, I lay down inside the sleeping bag. Alhamdulillah sleep has been good.

FB_IMG_1608592318351.jpg

I got up in the morning, freshened up, had breakfast with akhni and went out for saliva. Lalakhal is one of the most beautiful places in Sylhet. Together we went to Lalakhal Zero Point by boat.

20201219_133230.jpg20201219_133230.jpg

I took group pictures with everyone, everyone enjoyed the time like everyone else.

20201219_132106.jpg20201219_132106.jpg

This time I returned to Sylhet by boat and bus. I ate at the Pansi restaurant in Sylhet every now and then.
After the meal, one by one, everyone said goodbye and left. It was hard to say goodbye.

20201219_223051.jpg20201219_223051.jpg

We returned on the 9 night train to Dhaka's Shahjalal Mazar and said goodbye to Sylhet city from Sylhet station.

This year's 150th meetup was my first meetup. The organizers have worked hard. Alhamdulillah everything has been fine. The most successful meetup was held. I have personally enjoyed each and every time.

Will meet again if time allowsws

FB_IMG_1608439230728.jpg

Sohel
Sylhet, Bangladesh
27 comments
Level 10

Re: My first participation in Meetup and gaining my experience

Great meet up post @Sohel_BD.  

Level 8

@MehadeHasan 

Brother I wrote briefly. Many of us have had a good time at this meetup. Traveling meetup seems to be the first of these. I am blessed to have the opportunity in this year's 150th meetup.

Sohel
Level 7

Hello @Sohel_BD  Good morning ,

First  experience always memorable .

I hope you gathered a huge experience and idea  from everyone. I think its a great opportunity for you . Many many thanks for share your post with us. 

Level 7

That's meet up was very enjoyable meet up though I can't attend this meet up. @Sohel_BD your post also a great post. Thanks for sharing your experience. 

Level 8

@sweetnovember99 

Thank you 

Good luck to you.

Sohel
Level 8

@KhanSayfullah 

The 150th meetup was very special. It is not right to miss the meetup this time. Hopefully you will participate in the next meetup.

Sohel
Level 6

Wow! Amazing 🥰

Level 9

Dear @Sohel_BD

Thank you so much for describing the whole meetup so nicely.

Greetings from Barishal, Bangladesh.
Level 8

@KamalHossenR 

Thank you brother....

Good luck to you

Sohel