Jimmy_foodie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

My favorite Asian Style restaurants in the Coventry

As a Taiwanese student that currently studies in the UK, despite trying all the new and different styles of food, I also crave to have some Asian style food that I am familiar with. Therefore, today I am going to introduce two of my favorite restaurants in Coventry. For those who miss home or others who want to try Asian style food, you can't miss these two. 

1. 雄柒 Xiong QI

The first restaurant is a Hot pot restaurant.  Hot pot is full of flavored broth, and while it is simmering, you can put in the raw ingredients, such as sliced meat, vegetables, mushrooms, egg dumplings, tofu, and seafood. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 01.54.23.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-10 at 01.54.10.png

The restaurant has really authentic and tasty broth, which is an essential element of a delicious hotpot. Meanwhile, it has a wide variety of ingredients that are fresh. Remember to order two different styles of broth. One of them is the spicy style that I believe many people can't hold, yet it is really tasty with the strike of the spiciness. You will see a funny scene that people keep drinking water but can't stop eating it. There are different kinds of dipping sauce that you can eat with the food. One of them is sesame sauce which will give a sweet taste and decrease the spiciness of the food, giving you a combination of sweet from sesame, spiciness from the broth and original food flavor. That is my favorite dipping sauce when eating hot pot. There are also many options for cooked food that you can order. My personal favorite is the fried meat above, the skin of the meat is so crunchy and it has a scent of spiciness which is really appetizing. In Chinese culture, hot pot is eaten when gathering with friends and family, and so every time I eat it I am so happy and feeling warm both physically (because of the spiciness) and mentally. 

2. A Sushi Japanese and Korean Restaurant

Actually I just discovered the second restaurant not long ago, and it has jumped to my favorite immediately. I have always wanted to eat sashimi in Coventry, and I have heard people recommending it. What surprised me is that it not only served amazing sashimi but also Korean BBQ at the same time. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 01.53.54.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-10 at 01.53.38.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-10 at 01.53.24.png

The most amazing part is that they somehow manage to make both styles of the dish perfectly. The sashimi is spot on and fresh. I barely use any dipping sauce when eating it, and the flavor of the food is really good. The unadon is cooked with perfect heat, and the skin is a bit crispy and inside the meat is tender. The nature flavor comes out from the eel's oil cover up the rice. The BBQ is delicious since the ingredient is so good, just looking at the steak in the picture. It is thick and has enough fat to brings out the scent of a steak. They have also plenty of options in Korean style food which I haven't tried, but I will definitely try it next time. If you want to try Japenese food, Korean food or both, you can save time and just come to visit this restaurant. 

During this difficult time for all humanity because of COVID-19, looking at this picture but not being able to go to the restaurant and eat it is so painful for me. But it will pass, and I will go on to explore more delicious food. For now, stay home, stay safe, stay positive and share food~~~

Coventry, UK
1 comment
Level 10

Re: My favorite Asian Style restaurants in the Coventry

This is great! I'll have to try out both of these places after the lockdown! I'm in Coventry too 😍