Mahmur-Marganti's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My father said: "Find unique places then tell me clearly about it"

Maps became my source of inspiration for visiting many places, and Samsung 360 Gear gave me a different way of sharingMaps became my source of inspiration for visiting many places, and Samsung 360 Gear gave me a different way of sharing

I am the person who likes to see the map of the world. My father was a sailor who is good at telling about anything  when he travels around the world. When explaining, he always carried a map and showed me the points he had visited.

My father's map has become my entertainment. I’ve always imagined that I can be like my father, straightforwardly telling stories. It's not just about the places, dad always told stories about the diversity of food including the people he met. "Ah! What a thrilling experience my father had"

Growing up I did not become a sailor like my father. I chose a career as a journalist. The dream of going to various places was dashed because in my opinion when those who could visit new places were sailors or pilots.

Apparently my opinion was wrong, one time I got assignments to Hong Kong and China, this was the first trip that was far geographically and far from imaginary. Before leaving my father advised: "Go to many places, enjoy the food, meet lots of people and don't forget to tell me". I am not an accomplished storyteller like my father, but I have my own way of telling stories with photos.

After Hong Kong and China I got many assignments to several regions in Indonesia. I loved having a special assignment from my father to tell me all the things I met on the trip when I got home. Up until he passed away forever when I was 35 years old.

Local Guide Connect became my story companion after my father was gone. For the sake of a unique story that I will share with many people through Local Guide Connect, I am willing to go far to remote areas. I achieved my  first goal which I wanted to be the first among my friends who visited a place. The next goal, more and more people who know a destination, of course, in my own way: Photos!

My father and Local Guide Connect both gave me inspiration to continue going to many places and share anything that I met. Finding a new place and sharing it to Google Maps feels like announcing to the world that I have found a treasure that I can't possibly spend on my own. Happiness happens if they intend to visit that place through the comment column. Thank you my father for teaching me to share. Thank you Google for giving me a lot of space to continue sharing stories.

Also thanks to Samsung Gear 360, which has accompanied wherever I go all this time. 1,900 photos on my 360 have been seen by 3 million people on earth with their own point of view.

Indonesian connoisseurs from Indonesia
Gilgamesh Digital, RT.9/RW.9, Menteng Atas, South Jakarta City, Jakarta, Indonesia