PragnyanG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

My experience with Local Guides

Hello to everybody from Nepal(Mt.Everest)

I am a civil Engineer with 8 years of experience in my profession. I belong to the country where Mount Everest lies and Buddha was born.  We have much interesting heritage places with a beautiful natural scene all over the country. There are crowded places and markets in its bigger cities. Despite these peoples says that Nepal is a poor country and we do not have sufficient income to operate our life smoothly or standardly.

The Internet price is very high in our country compare to others. Offline map Saving also not allowed here (I am not sure, either not allowed here or my devices not support) So editing, adding is difficult here.

I have started the journey of map editing about 5 years ago. I have seen a different place, offices,  markets, and schools in the map and search in google to know the techniques for editing map and that time I know about “Google My Businesses” and I have added 7-8 businesses that time.  About 5/6 months ago when I tried to shift the location of previously added my businesses then I got the new idea to edit, shift the places and that is “Google Local Guide”.

Now in a short period, I became level 5 guide and feel happy when I receive the mail from google saying that “ your edit is published and your photos views got a milestone”.

I have added a new Japanese (SO) Shop 5 times with photos and each time I failed with the notification not applied. But also I have not left this volunteer work and wants more exciting works over there. I have also contributed in google maps through Crowdsource.

Thank you google for giving such opportunity to edit and make accurate of our places.

Thank You

Pragnyan Ghimire

Kathmandu, Central Development Region, Nepal
1 comment
Level 10

Re: My experience with Local Guides

Dear PragnyanG, hope all's well. Thank you for sharing your experiences of Local Guides and Maps. We absolutely agree with you, "Thank you, Google, for giving such opportunity to edit and make accurate of our places." It seems Nepal is very lucky to have many Local Guides. Have you met many of your fellow Nepal Local Guides yet? Kind regards from Osaka78