Level 8

Re: My experience as a Local Guide..

Much curious to meet you @IlankovanT.. Meet you soon.. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 9

Hey @SalmaanN,

@Umashankaris right, he wrote,

Local Guides Connect is the best platform to share our knowledge.. It deserves to get more than 2,00,000 members.

Thanks for sharing your Valuable thoughts​.

He is right because our service and target is same from one family, who have 200K + strong active members now. We are all friends of each other.

Thanks

KamalH

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 8

Of course, @Kamalhasnainee.. Thanks for your valuable comments.. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 5

When you learned step by step yourself, you will go very deeply. Even I also started same like you. Keep up the good work. Making awareness is best to experience in life. I hope you are enjoying your job. More power to you. Wish you all the very

@SalmaanN wrote:

I am a Level 5 local Guide and i am a community owner of Vellore Local Guides.. I have been local guide from past nearly 3 months.. I came to know about Local Guides program by myself when uploaded a photo of restaurant.. It was very difficult for me initially, to know about the types and methods of contribution, importance of hosting local guides meet ups, guidelines to get the support for unofficial local guides community.. By reading the post in Local Guides Connect and by suggestions from Google moderators, Connect moderators as well as the fellow local guides, i cleared my doubts.. From the day, i came to know about the Local Guides program, i try to give my best contribution in all fields in writing reviews, in adding photos, in answering questions, etc. My Local Guide points as of now is 1706 points..

My local guide points till now..My local guide points till now..This is the first photo of a restaurant which i added to Google maps.. After then, it suggested me to become a local guide..This is the first photo of a restaurant which i added to Google maps.. After then, it suggested me to become a local guide..This is the first review, i wrote before becoming a local guide..This is the first review, i wrote before becoming a local guide..This is my local guide points division in each category..This is my local guide points division in each category..

These are the most useful pics of mine..These are the most useful pics of mine..

It is such a great opportunity for me to be a part of a Local Guides Program.. I have never seen a like-minded people which i have seen in Local Guides Connect.. It is a pleasant and wonderful experience for me being a Local Guide.. I personally learned a lot as a local guide.. To be honest, i would think twice to post any content in other social network platforms.. And now, i see myself willingly join in any conversation, encouraging someone, thanking someone in Local Guides Connect.. My friendship with fellow local guides increase day by day here on Connect.. I see Google moderators are more than happy in guiding local guides in Connect, considering our feedback.. I believe Local Guides Connect is the best platform to share our knowledge.. It deserves to get more than 2,00,000 members.. To specifically thank some of the Google moderators, the first to come to my mind is @TraciC.. The others whom i have communicated in Connect are @JeslynL@AradhanaB, @Corrie@BellaWi.. I got more friends in Connect and i want to mention some of them and they are @Zeds, @LucioV@IlankovanT, @ShafiulB, @Umashankar, and many more..

Me (right) during the first ever local guides photo walk meet up with fellow local guides of Vellore Local Guides community...Me (right) during the first ever local guides photo walk meet up with fellow local guides of Vellore Local Guides community...Me during the Local Guides knowledge sharing session by Vellore Local Guides community..Me during the Local Guides knowledge sharing session by Vellore Local Guides community..

I congrats Google moderators, Connect moderators, Local Guides for their effort in making Local Guides Connect, a best learning platform.. Thank you all !

best. 

Level 8

Hi @LikhithaN..

You are obviously right.. The more we learn by ourself, the more we go deep.. Happy to know that you too started like me..

@VR3 wrote:

When you learned step by step yourself, you will go very deeply. Even I also started same like you. Keep up the good work. Making awareness is best to experience in life. I hope you are enjoying your job. More power to you. Wish you all the very best. 

Thanks for your encouraging words.. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

Hi @SalmaanN

Thank you very much for giving us a close view to your LG vita. It is easy to see with how much passion you are contributing. I really would like to meet you and your friends to understand the different spirit in India in order to learn how to grow the LG community the same way in other countries.

Happy trails

Martin 

Level 8

Hi @Martyn..

I am very happy that you took your time in viewing my experience.. Thanks for your most valuable comments.. I would be glad to meet you in India so that we could share our experience.. Once again, thank you.. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Googler

Hi @SalmaanN. Thank you so much for sharing this post and your "journey" with Local Guides. We're so glad you enjoy Connect and being a Local Guide! I'm personally so happy to hear that you enjoy Connect so much as well as love the educational aspect so much. 😄

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Hi @TraciC..

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time in reading and replying to my post.. Your words always motivates me.. Thank you once again.. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Former Google Contributor

Hi @SalmaanN Thanks a lot for sharing your journey and experience here with us.