cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

My Tour to Bodh Gaya, Bihar, India

Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”

...........................Mahatma Buddh

Bodh Gaya is a place where Gautama Buddha attains enlightenment. Buddha said to attain enlightenment under the Bodhi Tree, inside Mahabodhi Temple, situated in Gaya district, Bihar, India.

The place is very famous among tourists especially Buddhists and Hindus, and a vast number of visitors visiting this place from various countries. All over the city, various Buddha temples and Monasteries are built specially by different Buddhists populated countries like Nepal, Vietnam, Cambodia, Japan, China, South Korea, etc.

The nearest airport is Gaya Airpot, about 8 km from Gaya city and the Gaya Railway station is actually in the town.

View of the Gaya Airport, Gaya, Bihar, IndiaView of the Gaya Airport, Gaya, Bihar, India

This was my second visit to Gaya city for my work assignment. After finishing my work at the Central University of South Bihar in Gaya, I visited the Mahabodhi Temple. (Know more about my post on Mahabodhi Temple) Although the mobile phone was not allowed but the digital camera was allowed (Rs. 100 fees). The temple was full of pilgrims but in peace. They all were performing rituals in their own way.

Entrance gate of Mahaboddhi Temple, Gaya, Bihar, IndiaEntrance gate of Mahaboddhi Temple, Gaya, Bihar, India

Next, I visited the Metta Buddharam Temple, which is beautifully decorated by Japanese Art and Buddha sitting in dhyana mudra.

Metta Buddharam Temple, Gaya, Bihar, IndiaMetta Buddharam Temple, Gaya, Bihar, India

Then I visit the Tergar Monestry where a religious congregation was in progress. The monastery was decorated in traditional Chinese art.

Tergar Monastery, Gaya, Bihar, IndiaTergar Monastery, Gaya, Bihar, India

Finally, I visited the Great Budha Statue. During my first visit, I developed a complete 360-degree tour of this place. This place is openly welcome to all tourists. The Budha sitting in Dyana mudra and eight small Buddha statues in different mudra standing on sides.

Great Buddha Statue, Bodh gaya, Bihar, IndiaGreat Buddha Statue, Bodh gaya, Bihar, India

There were many beautiful and nicely decorated temples and monasteries on the way but because of time constraints, I simply missed them. The trip was very enjoyable and full of energy to enlighten my inner self.

I believe some of the local guides especially from India must have visited this place. Please, do share your comments below.

Bodh Gaya, Bihar, India
3 comments
Level 10

Re: My Tour to Bodh Gaya, Bihar, India

Great, friend, @DrYashPaulSharma 

Congrats...

(Shall be back to share my feelings)

All the best

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 9

Thanks sir
Level 6

Congratulations and great opinion my lovely friend...! We can stay connected for long road...!