rterry419's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

My Review Does Not Appear When Logged Out

I just noticed that when I am not logged in, my review of a particular business is not visible anywhere on the business' review page.

Does anyone know if there's a reason why this kind of thing would occur?

4 comments
Level 9

Re: My Review Does Not Appear When Logged Out

@rterry419  How long ago was your review done?  There is a delay in the system that verifies the information the publicly posts the information.  Google has a not 100% perfect system to try and prevent abuse of the review process. There can be any number of reasons that a review is not displayed or delayed in showing up.

Level 7

The original review was written last year, but I have edited it a few times to reflect changes to the business, etc. It's also a fairly long review, nearly hitting the max character count. Is it possible any of those things could have something to do with it?

I've also reviewed the... review, to make sure it doesn't contain anything that could be viewed as Spam etc., but I found nothing that seems like it could be flagged.

Level 7

I've been told that my review was marked as Spam, so it is not visible.

I do, indeed, have strong feelings regarding this particular business (seeing as it has been my residence for 3 years now), but I felt I had composed an objective review that was honest and true. If anyone happens to read this, would you mind providing feedback?

The Residences at Carronade presents itself as something far more than it is. You’ll see enticing words and phrases thrown around (“luxury”, “exceptional amenities”, “resort-style”, “unparalleled customer service”, etc.) in a way that—once you’ve had the misfortune of experiencing Carronade firsthand—will make you wonder if whoever’s writing this stuff even knows what these words/phrases mean. And it’s especially odd that they chose “Experience Carronade” as the tagline, because while the apartments themselves are just fine, the experience as a whole is the worst part.

Anyway, rather than the usual process of having to make a mistake in order to learn from it, I’m hoping this review saves a few people from that. Apartment hunting is exhausting enough, and there’s nothing worse than feeling worn-down and being tricked by a convincing façade.

(I think it’s important to mention early on that Carronade has fliers in their leasing office soliciting residents to leave 5 star reviews on Google Maps. As someone who takes objective reviews seriously, this seems very shady)

PROS:

They have a gated area for pets (but most owners don’t clean up after their pets, so the end result is basically a fenced-in dog poop minefield). The apartments are spacious with several windows, a balcony, electric fireplace, ceiling fans, and a walk-in closet. It’s a safe area to live, with friendly residents and streetlamps in the parking lot. There’s a saltwater pool (but it’s usually overrun with swarms of hyper children), and a fitness room (but it’s very small, with a limited selection of old equipment).

CONS:

The walls of apartments are paper-thin, so you’ll regularly hear cabinet doors closing loudly, toilets flushing, barely-muffled conversations, and when someone closes a door the building actually shakes. There’s only 1 parking space per apartment (unassigned), and garages are $90/month—so theoretically if no one paid extra for a garage, there would be nowhere near enough spaces. As-is, parking can still be a headache. There are only 14 USPS parcel lockers for 100+ apartments. Their grounds aren’t mowed frequently enough, so ticks can be a serious problem in summer months. Due to its proximity to I-75, Carronade tends to be loud with highway noise.

Addressing their claim of “unparalleled customer service”... while it is absolutely true, it inaccurately implies that their customer service is unparalleled in a good way.

To sum things up, The Residences at Carronade is a far-below-average apartment experience, for which you will pay a premium.

Level 9

@rterry419  You have given me a clue to the problem. You are posting from the same IP as the address you are reviewing from.  Also, you may want to be a little kinder but get the point across.  They have a business to run and you can get the information out with being diplomatic. Google looks at a lot of signals to see a users location and usage patterns so you will probably always fit that pattern for that location.  Do you have a similar problem with other reviews you have done?  It not then it is probably your location for this one.