kapalawais's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

My Journey as a local guide

Hey everyone and awesome Moderators I am Sandeep from Hyderabad, India. Let me share you my most loved experience been working with Google Maps. I am very much fond of Google and its products. One of the most liked products is Google Maps, I liked features in it and I always think why didn’t I get a chance to work with Google, this makes me feel bad on me.

The exact time has come into the picture when I started to know about contributing for Google Maps as a local guide in the month of September '16 and then I started my contribution with a passion. Before the month of September I have received a call letter for my national wide entrance exam, by seeing the call letter I felt uncertain as the center allotted is not my city and thinking how to reach the exam in time and searching for an exact landmark to find the center for the exam in Google Maps. On the exam day due to my bad luck I arrived late to the city and I am in tenseness whether I could reach exam in time, as they won't allow to write exam even if  its 1 minute late too. Therefore, I get into the auto and told address to the driver, he said that I won't reach to the destination on time and there is no other shortcut to reach the destination before the time. I opened Google Maps and checked the navigation, it cautioned me the heavy traffic on my route for which I am travelling time and it showed me the alternate shortcut route with no traffic, I showed to auto driver and he thrilled by seeing the map navigation, we followed the way as per the Google Maps instructions, finally I have reached my destination 6 minutes before and I cracked the exam. Auto driver, he himself thanked me that he get to know about usage of Google Maps, I felt very happy with his words. If I couldn't have been used Google Maps I definitely felt very bad for reaching late to an exam center and they would have been rejected me.

From that day Google had been in my life and I felt that how could I thank you to Google. When I searched for the navigation I found a review showing that person is having a badge, this made to start identifying more about it and started contributing for Google maps as a LG. After a month , I have received mail from Google to participate in "Know your India " contest by writing reviews, Basically I am a big foodie and traveler, I participated in this contest and won "One plus 3 (My dream Mobile) " by showing the taste of Hyderabad restaurants with my quality reviews, my love towards Google is overwhelmed and very much excited for my contributions that are being valued :). After then I started my contribution by adding, editing places, photos and hosting Meetups.

One day when I visited a grocery store I clicked the pic of the store, by seeing the shop owner had wondered and asked me why did I clicked the pic and then I told the usage of adding places into maps and he was very much overjoyed getting more customers, rating for her business.

I would like to attend the LG summit to share my experiences, insights and learn  experiences from LG's, Moderators and collaboratively work them. Also, I wanted to show how much I love "Hyderabad city , its culture, heritage and its Worlds famous Hyderabad Biryani ".

From day to day life Google is making me to love by contributing more and more. it's a life achievement to me, that I am helping many people in their daily life. Today not only maps I started contributing to Google translate through localizing my native language.

I really thank to the awesome Moderators and Local Guides who are guiding / helping lot contributors here in the forum. A big Kudo's to you all.

Looking forward to be a part of the summit 🙂

Thank you,

Sandeep Kapalawai,

Hyderabad, India.

Hyderabad, Telangana, India