AdrianGM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

My Favorite Things To Do In L.A.

So what is it that I do in L.A.?  Well, to be honest there's so much you can do in L.A. Los Angeles in deed has much to offer whether you're on a tight budget or on a flexible budget.  In fact, not everything in L.A. will be cost you anything, just the will to be there.  

To start L.A. is abundant in museums, art galleries, and historical venues.  You have MOCA, LACMA, Natural History Museum, The Getty Center, Skirball Center, California Science Center, Aquarium of the Pacific, the Queen Mary, USS Iowa, movie studios...to name a few! Many of these venues have events year round to be part of.  

For example, I recently joined a discussion session at the Natural History Museum called "Life in the L.A. River", I can't tell you how much I learned.  The L.A. River is used in many ways, it's not just a waterway leading to the ocean.  Movies have been filmed, (Grease, Mi Familia, etc) canoeing, and I understand fishing too.  Even now it has bike paths for cyclist to enjoy riding their bicycles in car-free zones, or you can jog, run, walk, walk your dogs...

I don't have a car. I'm a proud Metro & Lyft rider.  Yes a car is in many way a great source of transportation but I rather make of good use of what I save on gas, parking fees, etc. Metro has many connecting bus and rail lines to take me wherever I want to go.  San Pedro / Port of Los Angeles is one of my favorite hot spots for fresh fish, watching cruise and cargo ships arriving and departing. They also have these whale watching and port tours that are fascinating.  Make your way to the fish market, select your favorite fresh caught fish and have them prepare it to your desire. (Do wear walking shoes and sunblock). 

Nightlife in Los Angeles is my favorite pastime. Nightclubs, bars, eateries, concert halls, a nice date, drinks, hang out with your friends, movies, dinner, plays...should I keep going with the list? lol  One time during my birthday weekend in April I treated myself to a night tour by helicopter above Los Angeles...it looked much better than a lighted Christmas tree.  The glittering streets it just amusingly breathtaking.  

My point is, there's always something good to do in L.A. whether you're on a low budget, or on your own, there's something for you. I am not of many friends, more of acquaintances, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying L.A. life.   

Glad to be of service!
Los Angeles, CA, United States
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: My Favorite Things To Do In L.A.

Thanks for sharing this @AdrianGM! I'm actually in LA area this week for work, so I might take advantage a few of your suggestions 🙂

Level 8

Thanks for sharing.  I'm amazed, but I guess it's possible.  It's admirable you're able to go places without a car in Los Angeles.

Level 7

Good to know and glad to help if it comes to that point.  

Glad to be of service!
Level 7

I'm glad you liked my share point.  You know, there are people that don't get out because they don't own a car or own a "crappy car" and instead of encouraging themselves to use public transportation they rather stay at home.  I for one have a friend who does not have a car and still wouldn't use public transportation.  

You'd be amazed how much you learn to get around in L.A. via public transportation than when you're actually driving.  You see a lot more, and if you're as social as me, you'd make a new friend along the ride.  

One day as I was on the Metro Blue / Green Line to Redondo Beach this man sat next to me, we were talking and apparently we were going to the same destination, the Tech Swapmeet at Northrop Grumman parking lot...we've been friends since then lol  

Glad to be of service!