MRCarbon's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My Experience as a Local Guide

I am Michael Andrew Carbon, 27 years of age and currently employed in a Telecommunications Company based in Davao City, Philippines. I started being active with Google Maps last year only. My recent job gave me a lot of travel opportunities in the Philippines since I handle Major Festivals of the region and most of my job requires field work too. I started travelling at 2012 when I landed on a decent job after college. Since then, I fell in love with travelling. By 2013, I began travelling Internationally specifically in Asia. Aside from personal travels, my job provided me with exposure to various places in the Philippines as well. With this rare opportunity, I came to realize that I should be sharing this to the world. Then, I came to know about Google Maps. One of the best tool of information to share your experiences to places you have been and being able to review the place as well for recommendations and helpful tips to billions of people relying on Google Maps. I may have started late but I think what is the most important thing is that I made that first big step in contributing to Google and letting the world know about beautiful places and establishments around. Being a Local Guide is really a rewarding experience since you are a source of relevant information about a certain place. It is great to know to be of help to millions of people worldwide. Also, it is my pleasure to feature majority of my contributions to my beloved country - the Philippines. I want to show the world that it is really more fun here. Currently, I am now at Level 5 and my photos have reached 1.5 million views and counting. Majority of my reviews were marked helpful by visitors as well. This is just so overwhelming. I am grateful the millions of people rely on my photos and reviews. It is my pleasure as well to tour the world in Asia and Philippines. Thank you Google for allowing me to be a major contributor in Google Maps. I am also contributing topics in Local Guides Connect through my Travel photos and articles about my Philippine travels. With the rise of Google tools, it is just right to take part of this wonderful innovation. An innovation that changed the world on how we secure information worldwide. By being an active Local Guide, I am one step closer in making a huge difference. A difference that will benefit humanity in the future. 

Davao City, Davao Region, Philippines
2 comments
Level 6

Re: My Experience as a Local Guide

Hello po!

It's great to find fellow local guides here! If you haven't joined our Davao Local Guides community in Google+, here's the link where you can join us! https://plus.google.com/u/1/communities/108944726723455078492

We are brewing up plans to do a mapping activity in Marilog and Samal. Let us know if you have more suggestions and ideas for our local guides group!

We are also planning to make an FB group for our local guides community. We just need to find more members so that we can jumpstart our activities!

Level 8

Re: My Experience as a Local Guide

Maraming salamat for your introduction and story, @MRCarbon