SouzaCaroline's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

My Country Pernambuco: the ultimate guide through all the places you must visit

(Photo of the Capibaribe river  taken at Paço Alfandega’s balcony)(Photo of the Capibaribe river taken at Paço Alfandega’s balcony)

Have you ever heard of Pernambuco? Yes? No? Maybe? Well, if yes, you might be a bit confused ’cause, actually, Pernambuco isn’t a country but one of Brazil's 26 States. But, if you’ve been to Brazil already, you might know that it's really common to hear Brazilian saying that their State is their country and, that’s kinda understandable. Brazil is supper big and each region differs a lot from the other. The climate, the buildings, the landscape, the culture, etc, etc. All of those differences bring a certain sense of belonging to their citizens. And it isn’t different in Pernambuco.

(View of the Rio Branco avenue in ancient Recife)(View of the Rio Branco avenue in ancient Recife)

Pernambuco is located in the heart of the northeast and it’s impossible not to fall in love with it. You doubt? Ok then, here is the challenge: if by the end of this article you don’t feel any interest on it, then you may tell me what you’d like to see in a place so I can show you that you’ll certainly find it here. Except snow, of course 😛 😛

(Marco Zero – Where Recife was founded)(Marco Zero – Where Recife was founded)

Pernambuco sweats (yes, it’s a bit hot here) history, culture and natural beauties. Let me just tell you a bit of my place:

1. Summer seems to last through all the year and we surely can enjoy it in any of the 89 beaches we have here.

(Brennand’s sculpture park)(Brennand’s sculpture park) 2. If you prefer a cooler weather you certainly can visit Garanhuns in the countryside, which is called      Pernambuco’s Switzerland. 

3.We party all year round and it doesn’t matter when you’re coming, you’ll certainly meet one of our parties. The main festivals we’ve got here are carnival, Easter, and Saint John’s party.

(2019 carnival decoration at Marício de Nassau’s Bridge )(2019 carnival decoration at Marício de Nassau’s Bridge )          4. Art is part of our life. Downtown or in the countryside you’ll see a lot of cultural manifestation. You’ll find Maracatu presentations, city markets selling sculptures and paintings; you’ll see old buildings, lots of museums as well as beautiful theaters.

(Do Bom Jesus street in Ancient Recife)(Do Bom Jesus street in Ancient Recife)

By this time it might be a bit obvious that I decided to contribute to Google Maps so I could spread more and more information about my beloved place and also guide tourists to the best places through the best routes. Reviewing is my way to help the other have a glimpse of a place and get all the information needed. That’s why I divide it into some sections: “Description” (all the physical aspects, the surroundings, transportation methods you can use and, sometimes, a bit of history); “Activities” (all the things you can do there. The obvious and those not so obvious that, sometimes, are not even known by the public); and the “nearby places”, which is my favorite section, and the last one I put in my reviews.

(Baobab Garden’s deck)(Baobab Garden’s deck)

Suggesting places that are nearby the searched destination is a way to, somehow, enhance someone else’s experience by providing them a opportunity to discover more possible interests in that area, as well as help them know more and more places at once. By suggesting places people could easily access in their surroundings I expect to help them dive in our culture, get to know us well, and understand, by interacting with us as much as possible, the pride we take in our origins. I want people to live the same experiences we do, to build the same feeling we’ve built, and to feel part of it as well. My suggestions are an invitation to come along and make part of a history that can be yours and of all of those who wants it too. My suggestions are my embrace to all of those who wanna come.  

(View of Da Alfândega’s pier and the Capibaribe River from the Martins de Barros’ Avenue)(View of Da Alfândega’s pier and the Capibaribe River from the Martins de Barros’ Avenue)

Recife, PE, Brasil
2 comments
Level 8

Re: My Country Pernambuco: the ultimate guide through all the places you must visit

So this place is in Brazil. Beautiful 

Level 7

Re: My Country Pernambuco: the ultimate guide through all the places you must visit

Amazing Recife! ❤️