TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Munnar, Kerala running in Sub-Zero - TrvaellerG

This is an abstract of a trip to Munnar (6th, Jan 2019), Kerala, India.

Munnar, the most popular Tourist destination & Hill Station of Kerala, {which saw two major disasters – the Kerala floods and Cyclone Gaja in 2018}, is presently enjoying an influx of tourists because of the cold weather. The hills and valleys gift, amazing views, with hypnotising effects!

The normal temperature in Munnar is from 16 to 24 Degree Celsius; the previous weekend, it  dropped to -4 Degrees Celsius (in some areas). We too thought of exploring this occasion. Although we could not see any frost-covered area, we had comfortable weather even at mid-noon. Here are few random shots from the trip:

1. A scenic shot from Mettupatti Dam

2. Dam, Another shot

3. A Waterfall, on the way to Munnar

4.The Water pipes carrying water to Pallivasal Hydro-Electric-Station.

5. A resort overlooking a Valley

6. Another Valley - Hill View

7. A contemporary House, on the way to Munnar

8. The view cannot be felt through any photograph - you need to be there to enjoy it...

9. A part of The Tea Processing System, in the Tea Museum.

10. Wooden Curios in the vending session of the Tea Museum.

11. The real fire - A local sight...

12. The "Tea Wood Art", curios for sale.

We had planned to cover few waterfalls, Tea Museum, Dam, Valleys & some resorts; we were successful! These locations will be published as separate posts; Hope, you will enjoy this Intro-Post, dear @BorrisS and all friends,@aaryesdee @helga19  @NandKK @Ayuratna  @SaikatPramanik2001  @Peerobair  @rajanbantas53  @IshantHP_ig   @BishowvijayaP 

Thanks, dear all

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Munnar, Kerala, India
35 comments
Level 6

Re: Munnar, Kerala running in Sub-Zero - TrvaellerG

Wow thank you so much @TravellerG ^^ ya sure, if you tag me on post .

Hai, i am from Indonesia. Nice to meet you ..

Former Google Contributor

Hi @TravellerG,

Amazing photos as always. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Every time I see your post and your photos I enjoy them very much. I feel like I was on this trip with you, only from seeing your photos.

Keep on great posts and have a great day!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 10

@TravellerG

All I can say is "Tusi Great Ho'

Brilliant capture of pictures that illustrate. The write up is very informative and I'm sure it would be handy for all those tourists visiting Munnar' / God's own Country.

Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Level 10

Insha Allah, I shall remember to tag you, dear friend, @Ayuratna. I too have seen all your posts - hope you have noticed, my replies, Thanks

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Dear friend, @MoniV, you are a very good motivator; thank you for your kind words. Hope you will find some time to glance at couple of my other posts,

Regards

Level 10

Thankful for your kind words, dear @aaryesdee; hope you will remember to tag me in your posts,

Regs

Hi @TravellerG,

Very nice photos and the description is great! Thank you!

I am curious about the photo with the waterfall if did you use an ND filter for it? Because the water is very soft.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hello @TravellerG,

Here are few other things that I learned about Kerala thanks to you, thank you for sharing. For me Kerala was always associated with elephants, Hindu temples and Kathakali, now the list has become bigger and more diverse. 

I really enjoyed the photos and the details, and as a person who studies Art for years I was impressed by the Tea Wood Art in the last photo. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 10

@TravellerG

while you were on your visit to Munnar, I had a shot trip to Goa and posted few pictures.

I shall certainly, tag you from next post onwards

R S Dev