Oscar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Multiple accounts, how to use only one?

I've had the same issue for a long time. My level would be a lot higher if it was not randomly switching to my secondary accounts which are for only email purposes. I get asked to review the same places multiple times, but my photo contributions go to a random account. No one seems to have a solution.
Level 5

Hi,

I recently had this problem and it was driving me crazy. 

I first went into local guides, signed in with the account that I did not want to contribute with. https://maps.google.com/localguides/home/settings?utm_campaign=LGHelpCenter&utm_source=local%20guide...

Then I saw someone said to go to maps and then log off, then login and just choose the one address you want maps to be associated with.  It doesn't remove the other gmail accounts when you push the drop down menu, but so far I only have that one account that's active and making sure I don't click on anything else.

Level 6

I think it's pathetic the only answer you ever get from Google are 10+ step workarounds. Either disable multiple accounts in the app, or make it work for God's sake.

They must have figured there are a certain percentage of people using multiple accounts and then decided that percentage is low enough to not give a crap.

Level 6
Level 6

I have the same issue.
I'm using my private account for apps and gaming, and business account for maps and being pro local guide.
Pro by providing 360 imagery for business places.

My problem is that Google Maps reverts back to my private account every so,

and It's starts to be incredibly annoying to do log off-in solution whenever Maps decides to switch to my private account.

Google should add option to select account as default, so that it stays there until changed.

Our phones are already spamming us with many questions, actions and requests up to the point of being major distractor.

If we are providing Google machinery with free labor by adding reviews, locations and photos,

they should at least show us some courtesy and add this option, because (too) many people is struggling with same issue.
Best Regards

Level 6

It seems I found a solution. Open the maps app, select the account you don't want to use with local guides from the left menu. Then go to settings and scroll to the bottom. Click on sign out. You are done. Just make sure you don't select that account again in the left menu as that will sign you in again. 

Level 6

This worked! Thanks.
Level 6

It worked for some days. Now i have the same issue.