Ives_San's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Much more than just tourist spots

Everyone agrees that traveling is one of the most enjoyable and enriching activities a human being can do and obviously who travels has as main objective to visit the tourist spots of each place. But for me the best trips are those where it is possible to immerse yourself in the daily life of the people who live there. 

Yes, it is very cool to visit the busiest streets, the most important museums and theaters, the trendy restaurants and the big events. But one of the things I like to share is the non-touristy places I meet along the way.

This does not necessarily mean that you have to walk aimlessly out there. You can start by saying that the view of the small hostel you stayed is so beautiful as that of the amazing five star resort that everyone wantsView of the Sol Nascente Beach Hotel. Natal - Brazil (2015).View of the Sol Nascente Beach Hotel. Natal - Brazil (2015).View of the Sol Nascente Beach Hotel. Natal - Brazil (2015).

You can describe the new friendships you have made by visiting a farm a little distant from the big cities.

Farm in the rural area of Quito - Ecuador (2016).Farm in the rural area of Quito - Ecuador (2016).Farm in the rural area of Quito - Ecuador (2016).

Or you can just walk aimlessly, talk to people, buy something in small stores, and eat things you've never tasted before. 

Somewhere in Manama - Bahrain (2019).Somewhere in Manama - Bahrain (2019).Somewhere in Manama - Bahrain (2019).

The important thing is that the trip is pleasurable enough that you will never forget it. Sharing your experiences is always very important because different cultures show different points of view about similar facts of life.

------------