alexandradias's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Movies and Places

Another hobby mine it is watch movies, I think when we watch movies, we can travel
for another places, in future, in past, other side the world, we can learn diferent
cultures, behavior, we can lear a language, this is fantastic.

But I have one problem: I don´t have memory to remember what movies I watched and
actor names, maybe because I watch so many movies.

Now the question it is: what movies was recorded in your citie? which
places did you visit that were filmed movies? Did you put this information in your review?

In my city the movie Blindness - 2008 was filmed here in São Paulo, they mixed the places, I watch the movie
and I could recognize some places.

I read something about this serie was filmed here: SENSE8, but I am not a big fan series, I prefer
movies, so I don´t watched.

And we have national movies that was filmed in my city.

Producers usually choose the Rio de Janeiro to film movies, when they choose Brasil.

I've been to some places that have been filmed movies, I'll talk one of them: P.S. I love you (2007),
this is in Irland Wicklow Mountains National Park, it is amazing place.

I've also been to where an episode of Game of Thrones.

I am creating a list in Google with places that movies was filmed, please comment, for sure
I forgot a lot of movies.

Marginal Pinheiros São Paulo - BlindnessMarginal Pinheiros São Paulo - BlindnessShopping Light São Paulo - BlindnessShopping Light São Paulo - BlindnessAv. Paulista - São Paulo - BlindnessAv. Paulista - São Paulo - BlindnessBridge - Irland - Ps I love youBridge - Irland - Ps I love youBridge - Irland - Ps I love youBridge - Irland - Ps I love youBridge - Irland - Ps I love youBridge - Irland - Ps I love youTrees - Game of thrones - IrlandTrees - Game of thrones - Irland

11 comments
Level 8

Re: Movies and Places

Hi @alexandradias Last Saturday I was watching a movie that was filmed in Sao Francisco!! Really cool I'm so happy to have the opportunity of been there for Connect Live with you. The movie is The Wedding Guest, is like a comedy but a little bit tragic too.

Movie scene of The Weeding GuestMovie scene of The Weeding GuestAnd I already visit the place where have been filmed the Brazilian short movie "Edgar and the Submerged Kingdom" Edgar e o Reino Submerso, it was Lages, Santa Catarina State, Brazil.

Movie Scene of Edgar and Submerged KingdomMovie Scene of Edgar and Submerged Kingdom

Luciana Velasques Cervo
Brasil!| ospetsprecisamde! Blog
Level 10

@lucianavelasques so nice see a move filmed in a small city.

Be in that event was like be in a movie! Was fantastic, wonderful, I have no words to say how I appreciate that!

Level 8

@alexandradias yeah we can say that we have been in a movie too Local Guides Visit Google Headquarters - Connect Live 2018

Luciana Velasques Cervo
Level 10

@lucianavelasquesthank you to remind me, you are sure, we was in a movie, amazing!!!!

Level 8

@alexandradias Thanks for shareing with us. I agree with your point that we can travel this world via Movies.

#LocalGuides | #LetsGuide | #Bangladesh |#BangladeshLocalGuides | #SoundOfBeautifulBangladesh
Former Google Contributor

Hi @alexandradias

Thanks for sharing!

I completely agree with you, watching movies for me is a way to get away from reality for a little while, and find yourself some place else.

In Sofia we have a film studio widely used by American filmmakers and a number of big budget Hollywood movies have been filmed here. 

If you are really lucky you can even spot some of the actors around town. Not too long ago I heard that some people met Gerard Butler walking around town, but I have not been that lucky myself unfortunately.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hello @alexandradias  I know this place Wicklow where you visited and where the movie, P.S. I love you was filmed. It is a beautiful unspoilt area. In the Summer time, when I was a child I went here for picnics with my mother, father, brothers and sisters, great memories. The author of the book the film is based on, Cecilia Ahern is from Dublin, and her father was one time prime minister of Ireland. Many films have been filmed in Ireland from 1950s Hollywood to modern day blockbusters, such as, STAR WARS, the force awakens and the last Jedi,  filmed off the coast of Kerry Ireland on Skelig Michael Islands, Another big movie filmed here, HARRY POTTER and the half blood prince, this was filmed  on, The Cliffs Of Mother, Kerry Ireland. Thanks @alexandradias for this interesting post. Glad you enjoyed your visit to Ireland ☺

Level 8

Hello @alexandradias and @EmilyAdams

another movie's place that we visited was Googleplex from the "The Internship", this hilarious movie. 

The internship trailer

Movie scene from "The Internship"Movie scene from "The Internship"

Me and Alexandra at GoogleplexMe and Alexandra at Googleplex

Me and Emily at GoogleplexMe and Emily at Googleplex

Luciana Velasques Cervo
Level 10

@lucianavelasques Thank you for reminder me about this, I watched the movie, I was in Google and forgot about this.