Explore_Keshav's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Most Interesting Thing as a local guide – Hosting Unique Meet-Ups

As a local guide, apart from making continuous significant impact, I absolutely love the concept of Meet-Ups and how they give you an opportunity to create new friendships & bonds! As a local guide, I was able to take inspiration from a lot of posts on localguidesconnect & was able to host some of the most unique & impactful meet-ups to the community!

💓A #LocalGuidesClean the world meet-up that got recognition by PM Modi!

Around June last year I discovered @ErmesT 's initiative of #LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld 2.0 where he spoken about how local guides as a community can come forward and do their bit to clean the world. It so happened that during the same time I was reading about the concept of “Plogging” , a Swedish concept of cleaning the environment while running / jogging through a trail. It works like two birds with one arrow - serves the twin purpose of cleanliness and fitness.

Picture of local guides at Delhi's Jahapana Forest as part of #LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld Meet-upPicture of local guides at Delhi's Jahapana Forest as part of #LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld Meet-up

Our meet-up saw a lot of locals who plogged together to pull out 8 huge rags of plastic & dry waste from Delhi’s Jahapana Forest! This meet-up was quite an eye opener for a lot of us to learn the condition of our green covers. Checkout its recap here.

The entry gate of Jahapana City Forest from where we began ploggingThe entry gate of Jahapana City Forest from where we began plogging

PM Modi sharing snippet of our meet-up to his twitter account was cheery to the cake! It was so encouraging for all of us to see such appreciation & to continue the spirit of giving back to our environment in our own little ways!

Snapshot of video shared by PM from 1.35 shows local guides plogging in Jahapana forest, conducted with Plogger Ripu Daman & local guides.Snapshot of video shared by PM from 1.35 shows local guides plogging in Jahapana forest, conducted with Plogger Ripu Daman & local guides.

💓A meet-up of star gazing night into the Himalayas!

I had been wishing to plan an exploration trek into the Himalayas with fellow local guides to a small village of Shogi. We started our adventure ride from Delhi and travelled 14hours in a bus to reach Shogi.

Happy Local Guides pose in front of the bus that took us to foothills of Himalayas!Happy Local Guides pose in front of the bus that took us to foothills of Himalayas!

We made stickers, batches, sang song, watched a movie in the hills, stayed in camp, trekked , played sports , ate, danced, celebrated together the beauty of this small Village called Shogi in foothills of Himalyas!

A selfie from our tents at ShogiA selfie from our tents at Shogi

This has to be the most memorable meet-up where we bonded over two days with local guides. Looking at its pictures brings me ear to ear smile. You can read the meet-up recap here.

💓Discovering Street Art Meet-up inspired by a post from @IrrPavlova

@IrrPavlova had shared an article  5 Moderators had shared some of most scenic wall arts across the world. You can check out that article here. Inspired by the idea, I decided to host a meet-up at India’s largest art district – Lodhi Art District, that got a whooping 63 people interested in a few weeks! 

A local guide poses with a wall mural at Block 15 of Lodhi Art DistrictA local guide poses with a wall mural at Block 15 of Lodhi Art District

I was fortunate to speak to a few of artists who have made these murals and was excited to share these stories with my fellow local guides on this meetup. I have mentioned a lot of stories and experience of hosting this meet-up here. It was so fulfilling to learn so much more about these murals and styles such as Bansky and to share that passion together.

Local Guides pose in front of a mural done by Singaporean Artist - Yok & Shero at Lodhi Art DistrictLocal Guides pose in front of a mural done by Singaporean Artist - Yok & Shero at Lodhi Art District

Its so joyful to think about the last year that was! I love how this community helps discover new ideas by taking inspiration from fellow members from across the globe. This year’s most interesting thing for me continues to be the engagement through fellow locals by way of some unique meet ups!

Lets make this world a happier place to live! Today, tomorrow, everyday!
India