MountainRocktrek18's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Mardi Himal trekking in Nepal

The site on Annapurna Region is a top trending trek of Nepal. It offers peaceful, unexplored, beautiful parts of the Annapurna region. This route provides wonderful views of Annapurna, Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri ranges, verdant jungle, glaring rivers, streams, wildlife, local villages, landscapes, Mardi Himal Base Camp which is the main attraction. Mardi Himal Trek is one of the trekking around this region.

view along the wayview along the way

IMG_3123.JPG

Mardi Himal Trek goes along twisted narrow path, green woods, streams, villages, climb up into rhododendron forest at the height around 3,300m (10826.77ft). Many lodges, restaurants, tea shops are constructed for travelers. Total package cost depends on tour, accommodation, and transportation. A most favorable season is autumn season in-between mid-September-October-November, that period the weather is clear which provides the remarkable view of snow-capped mountains.

Mardi Himal Trek Itinerary will be 7 to 8 days depending on the requirements. It begins from Kathmandu or Pokhara. If you start from Kathmandu, you take flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara and drive to Kande and start the trekking but if you start from Pokhara, you drive to Kande from your hotel in Pokhara which is 1 hour drive. The pass is quiet, relaxing then goes steeper up to Australian Camp (2060m) and then slightly downhill to Pothana (1950m), climbing up to Deurali (2100m) for Overnight. The next morning, you head to Forest Camp carrying pack lunch and walk through dense Rhododendron forest which makes surrounding colorful and reached Forest Camp to stay a night there. In the morning, you walk from Forest Camp to Low Camp (2970m) which is 4 hours walk and stay overnight at Low Camp enjoying the view of Mt. Machhapuchhre(Fishtail).

The next day, hiking through trees, Chhomrong Village, Ghandruk Village and reaching the High Camp (3550m) and rest there for a night. The following day, hike from High Camp to Mardi Base Camp (4500m) carrying packed lunch and enjoying with a magnificent view of Mardi Himal, Mt. Annapurna and return back to the same place for Night Stay. After having breakfast, you can head to Siding (1700m) and drive back to Pokhara (830m). Mountain Rock Trek and Expedition also can arrange itinerary as per requirements.

Mardi himal, Nepal
6 comments
Level 10

Re: Mardi himal trekking in nepal

Thanks so much @MountainRocktrek18 for sharing great photos and the information. I intend to visit Nepal in future.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Level 4

It my pleasure to share my experience and our country. All Nepali will happy to have you Nepal as a tourist. If you need any further help we are happy to help you any time.IMG_3121.JPG

Level 8

Hello @MountainRocktrek18 

Welcome to Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides. 

I am Niraj Bhusal , a level 8 Local Guide and a Google Street View Trusted Photographer from Nepal.  In Connect we share our experience of local guides, talking about technical issues or sharing what is our feelings about it.

Please note that according to the Local Guides rules, advertising business ,self-promotion is not permitted in Connect. I suggest you to  remove the promotion links you have mentioned in the post. 

Namaste, 

Niraj

Former Google Contributor

Re: Mardi Himal trekking in Nepal

Hi @MountainRocktrek18,

Welcome to Local Guides Connect!

Thank you for your lovely post and photos!

I just wanted to let you know that I've just edited the website from your post, as it was showing a business place and this violates the program rules. As you are new here, I would like to suggest you to check these 14 helpful tips for using Connect on using this community.

I can see you are nature lover like me, so I decided to share with you my photo of Vitosha mountain with a beautiful sunset.

Caption: A photo of Vitosha mountain and sunset (Local Guide @KatyaL)Caption: A photo of Vitosha mountain and sunset (Local Guide @KatyaL)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 2

@TheEagleEye you are welcome and we are ready to assist you in Nepal. For More detail contact us at mountainrocktreks.com and 

Contact Details

• [redacted]
Former Google Contributor

Hi@mountainrock,

Welcome to Local Guides Connect!

Please keep in mind it's not preferable to share your personal information and contact details publicly. This is why I redacted your reply to remove them. Feel free to share them in a private message. As you know we respect everyone's privacy according to our program rules.

Reading these 14 helpful tips for using Local Guides Connect and the 5 core values on Connect will help you on how to use Connect and follow the guidelines. You’re welcome to introduce yourself in this monthly topic and say “Hi” to everyone!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!