PeteMHW's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Manchester LG May 2023 MeetUp: Manchester Flower Festival Photowalk

Caption: floral background with the basic details of the photowalk MeetUp.Caption: floral background with the basic details of the photowalk MeetUp.

Manchester Local Guides is an active group of Google Local Guides, based in Manchester in the North West of England.  Whether you know us or want to get to know us, you would be more than welcome to join this community for this event.

Manchester Flower Festival is a free event over bank holiday weekend to mark the start of Summer. - with ten major floral installations around the city centre, shown here, some fringe floral displays and events, a floral marquee in New Cathedral Street, and with many of the shops and other establishments joining in with window displays -some quirky, some just beautiful. Commissioned by the Manchester City Council Bid, they include the Town Hall garden, a blossoming beehive and a floral computer, plus a colourful phone box celebrating Manchester’s LGBTQ+ history, a tribute to Manchester’s Suffragettes and the Grassienda.

The official website of the event is here. and a map of the main displays is here. 

It's a little short notice (sorry!), but join me at 2:30 by the statue of Ghandi by the cathedral (nearest tram stop Exchange Square - also near Manchester Free Bus Route 2 - get off at St Mary's Gate). We will start with a coffee or a drink (and probably end with one too).  In between those drinks, we'll search out the main displays and record them photographically - and have a great time of friendship. Please be prepared for quite a lot of city centre walking - wear sensible footwear.

You can see the Flower Festival on its Social Media sites here:  Facebook , Twitter  or Instagram 

So just turn up at 2:30 at the statue, make yourself known to us, and we look forward to seeing you!

Manchester, UK
4 comments
Level 7

Re: Manchester LG May 2023 MeetUp: Manchester Flower Festival Photowalk

The weather forecast for the day looks wonderful. 

Connect Moderator

@PeteMHW Thanks for organising this.. and count me in!! I'll see you there! 

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Level 9

Unfortunately I can't make it, I'll be working, but have fun and take loads of photos! Have one in the Smithfield Arms for me! Cheers

Level 8

Well arranged meet up.