PeteMHW's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Manchester LG April 2023 MeetUp: Manchester Museum

Caption: a banner photo of Manchester Museum with inset photos of some of the exhibits. The MeetUp details are superimposed.Caption: a banner photo of Manchester Museum with inset photos of some of the exhibits. The MeetUp details are superimposed.

Manchester Local Guides is an active group of Google Local Guides, based in Manchester in the North West of England.  Whether you know us or want to get to know us, you would be more than welcome to join this community for this event.

Manchester Museum is part of the University of Manchester - and it has been newly refurbished and reopened. The exhibits are all part of a wider collection held by the University.  Admission is entirely free. There is easy level accessibility to the premises, and lifts to every level.

The intention of this MeetUp is to gather a collection of photos and submit reviews of the newly refurbished museum to Google Maps to assist others in their choice of where, when and what to visit here.

There is currently an excellent Eqyptian exhibition looking at Egyptian views of life, death and afterlife over the several centuries of Eygptian culture.  Entry to the exhibition is free, but needs pre-booking here. I would suggest at 3pm. 

We will meet in the coffee bar in the main hall at 2;30pm  (Please don't confuse this with the museum cafe which is separate).  Enter through the main museum entrance and head for the main hall. After coffee there will be two hours till the museum closes - plenty of time to explore, photograph, and comment!

The museum (map location here)  is easily accessible by public transport - it's a short walk (15 mins) from St Peter's Square, and buses 15, 18, 41, 42, 42A, 42B, 43, 53, 111, 142, 143, 147, 191, 197, V1, V2 all go past the museum door from the city centre.

if you like to join us, it would be great please fill in this form to give us an idea of who's coming  - or just turn up at 2:30 at the coffee bar and say hello - we'd love to have you!

2 comments
Level 10

Re: Manchester LG April 2023 MeetUp: Manchester Museum

Looking forward to visiting Maharajah again

Connect Moderator

Re: Manchester LG April 2023 MeetUp: Manchester Museum

This looks amazing @PeteMHW and I wish I was in the country for this meet-up!! I hope the crowd has died down a bit now that the museum has been re-opened for a while now!! Have a great time to all attending!! 😊

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews