Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Manchester Apr 2019 - Stockport

Manchester Apr 2019 - Stockport

Market Place

Market Pl, Stockport SK1, UK

April 26, 2019 @ 18:00 (BST)

Cinephiles will be in their element at April's Manchester LG meet-up, as we visit the 1930s splendour of the Stockport Plaza to see classic film comedy The Titfield Thunderbolt. The Plaza Super Cinema opened in 1932, and - thanks to decades of efforts by local enthusiasts - it's late Art Deco architecture and interior is just as splendid as the day it opened. Vintage movie screenings are always preceded with a half hour of music from the mighty Compton Theatre Organ, and an archive newsreel, cartoon, or comedy short. It will conclude with the national anthem; Good Bless the Queen old chap. Tickets on the door will be £9, and the organ starts playing at 7pm. We'll need some dinner before the flick though, so we'll be meeting in Stockport Market Place for this month's Foodie Friday. This Street food fair takes place in the 750 year old marketing place in and outside of the famed Glass Umbrella market hall. A community success for several years, this month's event will be the first with the controversial Produce Hall open nearby. This will be a good chance to add photos and reviews to Google Maps and weigh in on the controversy. We'll meet outside the Produce Hall at 6pm, and will move to the Plaza at 7. Join us at any time, we'll be sure to be waving the LG logo somewhere.

RSVP here

Market Pl, Stockport SK1, UK
6 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Manchester Apr 19 - Stockport

Hi @deadmanjones 

Thank you for sharing this meet-up with us.

Good luck and don't forget to share a recap from the meet-up in Connect! 🙂

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Re: Manchester Apr 2019 - Stockport

Will I see you there @AdrianLunsong @TimBull @PeteMHW ?

Level 9

I'm gutted I can't come on this one. 

I'm sure it will be amazing. 

I will share it with all the other local guides. 

Tim

And a shoutout @Johnbhewitt @AdamNajak and @JimRatcliffe. @RussKH 

Are you guys interested?

#manchester #stockport #mcrlocalguides #letsguide

Manchester UK Local Guides: https://goo.gl/tBYxXm (Come Join us!)
Connect Moderator

I've RSVP'd! It's going to be AMAAAAAZING!!

Do we need to book tickets in advance or it's safe to get at the door? @deadmanjones 

As for Produce Hall vs Market Hall, I've already decided on where my vote lies. . 😋

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Level 10

@AdrianLunsong I'm sure we'll be entirely impartial to the owners affiliations when we review the Produce Hall! The Plaza on a film night is never a problem for tickets; buy them on the door.

@TimBull sorry to miss you, there'd be no room for board games anyway...

Level 9

Ps. Nice original picture!! And clever with the writing on it! 

Manchester UK Local Guides: https://goo.gl/tBYxXm (Come Join us!)