Bryonyrose's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Making the Connection: Joining Local Guides Connect

I've been an avid part time contributor to Google guides for aproximately two years, it might be more or less. I'm more of a wallflower person, so to join this community and make an actual post is a big step for me. I do love people though! Why else would I be a guide?
I've noticed there might be a lack of local guide community in my area as from my brief searches I haven't pulled up anything very promising! However I'm very new to this and I may just be using the search functions wrong! I'm sure I'll figure it out with such a helpful community behind me.
If it turns out my local area is lacking a guide community it may be worth myself actually taking the first step to creating one! That sounds quite scary, as I've been quite a solitary person in terms of my google guides experience, but I've realised it's never been a journey I've undergone alone. As long as at least one person benefits from the information or photos I share, I have a companion in my journey. So now is my first baby step, to join a community I wasn't even fully aware of, and then maybe sharing that with others.
I live in Falmouth, UK. It gets a bit quiet here. Google maps has not only allowed me insight into a bigger world it has revealed to me the beauty of places I have long taken for granted that are often right outside my doorstep.
I hope to make many more positive contributions to google maps and the community.

UK