AngieYC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Makanan Paling Terkenal di Indonesia - Nasi Goreng and Bakso

Hi @AngieYC,

It is always good to learn something new. I have never been to Indonesia, but hopefully I can find a good restaurant in Sofia to give those dishes a try. :  )

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Halo @360bymiftah,

Betul sekali, kalau dipikir-pikir dari mulai sarapan pagi saja biasa sudah dimulai dengan nasi. Tapi jika memang pecinta nasi, namun terhambat diet bisa juga mengkonsumsi nasi merah yang memiliki serat yang lebih tinggi. 

Kalau saya sih sama ya, pecinta nasi. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hello @TsekoV,

There is actually two Indonesian restaurants here in Sofia that you can try, and I will be happy to guide you to it. 

I just remember about Bakso Malang as you mentioned before, I think @RivaniRahmadani who is actually from the city of Malang can give a better description on that exact dish. 

Connect Moderator

makan makan @AngieYC  ♥

Level 9

Dear @AngieYC ,

Please let me introduce you to Malang Local Guides' National Meatballs Ambassador: Mrs. @ayun_savitri .

She knew almost EVERY meatball seller here in Malang, East Java - Indonesia. Or maybe in entire province.

By only take a glimpse to its bowl or even how its fried dumplings being served, she can tell you the name and where you can buy that meatballs.

Yes, she's that good.. 😅😅😁😁

Google Moderator

Hello @iorikun301,

That's amazing, then I would love to go on a Bakso food crawl with @ayun_savitri that will be an awesome food adventure. 

What about you, which are your favorite versions of these two dishes?

Level 9

Meatballs actually my comfort food, @AngieYC .

And my favourite is ribs meatballs! That's ribs meat still on its bone, being covered with meatballs. Very delicious! 

Oh, I'm hungry at this very time reading your post.. 😅😅😁😁

Level 10

Hi @AngieYC 

Keren ulasan nya!

Jadi laper. 

Wah nasi goreng emang terkenal. Makanan favorit anak saya 

Dan saya juga seneng masaknya. Karena gampang.

Tapi anak saya jadi ga suka makan sayur. Entah kenapa bisa tetep gemuk. 

Bakso favorit saya, bakso djarum. Letaknya di dekat RS Pelni. 

Level 8

Hi @AngieYC 

Nice to know u

Amazing for me too if we have a bakso food crawl someday 😍

If you go to Malang you can meet any varians of meatballs

Dont forget to contact me when you come to Malang @AngieYC 

Level 8

thank @AngieYC 

hello @TsekoV  let me tell you about the uniqueness of Malang meatballs that make it different from meatballs elsewhere:
1. Malang meatballs have a variety of menu choices, such as providing fried shrimp, ordinary fried meat, somay meat, fried meatballs, rice cake ( i am usually say it Lontong ), rice noodles, white tofu, tofu fill meat or shrimp and many other contents of Malang meatballs, while meatballs of different types are flat city types only serves meatballs menu, so if you eat Malang meatballs it's better and more stable, due to various variations.
2. Seasoning mixed with sauce, the taste is typical of Indonesian spices, so Malang meatballs are healthier because they use a little MSG substance, so these types of meatballs are hard to find except in the meatball place that provides Malang meatballs.
3. The history of Malang meatballs comes from typical Chinese food, the name meatballs comes from the word Bak-So which in Hokkien means meat, but in the past Chinese people used pork to make it and the broth was provided little, but poor people made meatballs that were the same as Chinese people with beef, fish meat and chicken meat because the majority of the population is Muslim and Malang meatballs provide a lot of sauce mixed with Indonesian spices.

and this is a list of meatball sellers in Malang, almost all of which I've visited https://www.google.com/maps/placelists/list/1E9iGNTtdzasMquRpAmkAvUCP7l8?hl=in

Rivani Rahmadani