KomalMaru's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Maghi Ganesh Jayanti 2019

143.JPG149.JPG150.JPGMaghi Ganpati is actually Ganpati' Birthday or one can say Ganesh Jayanti.

Ganesh Jayanti is observed on Shukal paksh Chaturthi of Magha month. This year its celebrated today , i.e., 8th Feb 19.

Maghi Ganpati is actually Ganpati' Birthday or one can say Ganesh Jayanti.

Ganesh Jayanti is observed on Shukal paksh Chaturthi of Magha month. This year its celebrated today , i.e., 8th Feb 19.

Titwala Ganpati Mandir is must visit on all important Ganpati tithis. Its a blissful feeling to see so many devotees, so crowded and yet have soulful darshan.

Its definitely worth taking experience of palkhi , prasad & darshan on Ganesh Jayanti.

Read more details on:

https://komalmaru.wordpress.com/2019/02/08/maghi-ganesh-jayanti/

Titwala Ganpati, Titwala, Maharashtra, India
8 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Maghi Ganesh Jayanti 2019

Hi @KomalMaru,

I really enjoyed watching your videos, thanks for sharing.

This celebration is very colorful and interesting. Could you please tell a bit more about it? What are the traditional dishes, what are you doing on the celebration? Are you gathering with the whole family at one place?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Hi @KomalMaru,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and introducing to us this awesome festival! The decorations and the colourful lights are amazing!

Can you tell us what does Bhandara means? What are the activities that are happening during Maghi Ganpati? Have in mind that if your posts contain more information, they can be appreciated even more by other Local Guides, and can drive more interaction.

Furthermore, posts with more content and good photos have a good chance of being featured or chosen for a Friday Favourite post. You can check out 14 helpful tips for using Connect.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@Petra_M I am glad to know you enjoyed watching my videos.

Indeed festival was very colorful.

This event is within the temple. Not everyone comes with family. Like I had gone alone for worship of Lord Ganesha as it was his Birthday.

Traditional dishes for the celebration is sweets. Lord Ganesha' favorite sweet dish is modak ( I really don't know any alternative name for it)

So people offer sweets like modak to God and relish it later as prasad.

Like we celebrate our own birthdays, this is the way (as shown in video) Lord Ganesha' birthday is celebrated in this Temple with folk songs & folk music.

Level 8

@RadieN I am glad to know you enjoyed reading and watching.

Bhandara means Feast. Since its Lord Ganesha' Birthday there an arrangement for people who come to worship, they can worship and the have food which is like a prasad. 

Thanks for the reply @KomalMaru! It sounds very interesting, because we don't have any similar celebration in Hungary. 

Just as a reminder, don't forget when responding to others make sure to tag them (by writing @ before their names) in a post so they can receive notifications that you are communicating with them.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

@Petra_M Thank you for enlightening me. I thought reply gets @ by default. Actually I haven't used much this platform, so don't know the features. I am so thankful for your guidance.

Also honestly, it skipped out of my mind that this platform is read internationally. Next time I shall keep in mind while writing a post in such a way that it gives more guidance internationally. I am deeply grateful for the guidance. Do visit Mumbai - India to enjoy our cultural festival and celebration.

Thanks for the explanation @KomalMaru! It's great that this unique tradition is still preserved.

Keep exploring and having fun! 🙂

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@RadieN Thank you so much 🙂