anhsedus_30's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Love for sharing Photos, Videos and Reviews on Google Maps

Beautiful Rocky Beach at North Goa, IndiaBeautiful Rocky Beach at North Goa, India

With information easily available on Google Maps, visiting new places have gotten so much easier.

The route, the mode of travel, the languages spoken, cost of accommodation, preferred cuisines that are nearby your stay, site to see, I mean everything one may need is available on Google Maps!

Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge opened in 2018Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge opened in 2018

A Hotel room in Hubli district, Karnataka, IndiaA Hotel room in Hubli district, Karnataka, India

Till date, I have had so many pictures of places taken, and foods of restaurants captured for my memories.

Malaysian Airlines' Economy Food in 2015 while going to Narita Airport from Kuala Lumpur AirportMalaysian Airlines' Economy Food in 2015 while going to Narita Airport from Kuala Lumpur Airport

Some great Miso Soup and Pepper Pork Rice in Tokyo, JapanSome great Miso Soup and Pepper Pork Rice in Tokyo, Japan

Some places are so breathtaking, they can win your hearts over, give you a new angle to life! So it was about time to share valuable information to fellow travelers, fellow locals.

Taken in Phuket, Thailand on a bright sunny DayTaken in Phuket, Thailand on a bright sunny Day

I mean, if I want to know something about a place, I love to go to Google Maps and find it. Why? Because of someone else like me had been to that place and was kind enough to let us know their experience.

The famed streets of Akihabara, Tokyo, JapanThe famed streets of Akihabara, Tokyo, Japan

And Google helps me backups my photos, videos that have been taken on my phone. I’m so grateful for this really ! Phone memories are after all limited and hard disk can get corrupted and all your sweet documentations are lost ! Not with Google, it’s not. Once its backed up, just tick the ones you want to let others know about and contribute in Maps !

My maximum contribution has been through photos- you can see for yourselves. Pictures speak thousand words is a very true statement. You can literally be there at various places from home or wherever you are viewing and get the feel.

Boomerang resort, Goa, IndiaBoomerang resort, Goa, India

Homestays at Phuket, ThailandHomestays at Phuket, Thailand

One another thing I like to do, almost like a pet peeve is: Report wrong information on the Maps.

In Bengaluru (earlier Bangalore), India, many restaurants, shops, parlor, service centers, eateries come up now and then. So if the place is new, with social media, one can just ask their friends to rate the place as 5 stars, give great feedback, because that’s what some friends are for (joking).

I not saying this happens always and its easy to identify. But in such new places, if you see that a couple of them have given excellent review of just one place, it would mean its false promotion. I like to report these !

Sumptuous breakfast at Masinagudi, Tamil Nadu, IndiaSumptuous breakfast at Masinagudi, Tamil Nadu, India

I know he/ she could be new to Google, it could be their very first review, but I have lived here long enough to filter out such kind of crazies.

It is after all doing the right thing. I would feel bad if someone read some incorrect information and visited a dodgy place and fell sick.

Then of course there are those who like to contribute photos of their selfies, for instance, I’m looking for some monument’s images, and there you have one lovely face covering the monument comes up. Report!

For your own walk down memory lane, you may find a beautiful journey with pictures mapped out on Google Maps, and it’s a lovely feeling just mentally going back to those places.

View of the Hong Kong island from Victoria PeakView of the Hong Kong island from Victoria Peak

So just because its made so easy, and sharing has become so much fun, why should I stop just loving visiting new places, and not have others see it for themselves through my photos and videos!

Until next time, bye !

6 comments
Level 9

Re: Love for sharing Photos, Videos and Reviews on Google Maps

Nice post @anhsedus_30 

Thank you for sharing with us.

Level 7

Wow @anhsedus_30  nice pictures and a great post. It seems you have visited many countries. Wow lucky you. All the very best for Connect Live 2019

Jay Sen
Level 7

Thank you for wonderful pictures - they are beutiful! Thank you for being Google local quide, for helping people!

Level 6

Thank you for your kind words!

Level 6

Only a few for now 🙂 , thanks and best wishes for you too !

Level 6

Your are welcomed, thanks for your kind comment!