MartinBed's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Level 10

Local guide in action? πŸ“ΈπŸŽ¬πŸ“±

Hallo ,

I am very curious and I am looking for advice on how to behave  inform you that you are taking photos, inform you that you are from Google Maps as the owners of local businesses do to this information?

IMG_20220902_152420.jpg

 

2 comments
Level 9

Re: Local guide in action? πŸ“ΈπŸŽ¬πŸ“±

In that terms I always suggest people to cover the area you have access to. Such as If I try to go into the womens' college campus it will be very tough for me to take picture from there. But if anyone from that college work as local guide it would be easier for him to take picture and upload.

Do not force, act humble and become friendly first with the person you need to pass through.

Let me tell you a story, this photo bellow my comment is a inside view photo of Rajshahi College administration building. In regular time this place is too busy to take 360 photograph. So I went at early morning to take the photo. It would be hard for any average student to enter this place at off time as there are too many security checking and all. But I had access to the place and security staffs knew me.

PIC_20220604_075533.jpg

Happy guiding @MartinBed 

Connect Moderator

Re: Local guide in action? πŸ“ΈπŸŽ¬πŸ“±

Great question, @MartinBed

Just to be clear, we can not communicate that we are from Google Maps. You are not representing Google in any way.

We are volunteers wishing to help Maps users and Local businesses attracting customers.

Copyright and privacy laws are very different in different countries. Some regions you are allowed to taking photos from public areas. The best advice is to ask first. And don't argue, if a business does not want you to take their photos, then step down and apologize. Photos taken from inside should always need a permission is my experience. 

Explaining your wish to help the the business will normallt work wonders. 

Cheers 

Morten