KonstantinG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Local Guides Connect App... Again

Greetings!

I know this subject has been raised before, but I would like to reopen it with an intent to collect a report-based opinion.

Long story short, I have been a user of Local Guides Connect for some time now and I could not help to notice that it is a lot easier for me to use the desktop site, rather than its mobile edition (for various reasons which I am happy to share as well). And there is nothing wrong with that, as all of us have our own preferences and life style adjustments that we make to satisfy our own comfort. However, based on my current lifestyle settings, it makes a lot more sense for me to access the LGC from my smartphone throughout the day, rather than having to sit down and open my MacBook to access the LGC. So, personally for me, since I am not particularly keen on using the mobile site and have little opportunity to use the desktop site, I feed the need in LGC app. I feel if I could access LGC from the app, I would be able to give myself to LG community more than I currently can.

So, what I am aiming at when writing this post is to have as many active Local Guides as it is possible to post their opinion whether they agree with me and we, in fact, do need the LGC app or that there is no need in such app at this time. This way we should get a clear idea of how useful having this app would be. Once we have even a remote understanding of our needs, then we can ask Google to consider developing the app for us.

The way I propose to do it is to Kudos my post if you agree that we need a LGC app or reply to my post and provide actual reasons why you think we don't need a LGC app.

I hope we can get some good results from this discussion and I want active participation from all of you, Local Guides.

Thanks in advance for taking part in it 🙂

Kiev, Kyiv city, Ukraine
9 comments
Level 8

Re: Local Guides Connect App... Again

Hii @KonstantinG

I am Umashankar from Brahmapur, India

Local Guide Connect Web page is Great It connect Millions of Local Guide from around the Globe

I am also using Local Guide Connect Web site from My Mobile Chrome App it works fine

But sometimes it occurs few problems.

If Local Guide Connect App will published by Google i will very Happy

Thank you for Raising your hand for New Local Guide Connect App.

Level 7

Anybody? Seriously?

This subject popped up so many times before and there is just one individual out there that shares the same views with me?

Come on guys! Let's see some participation!

Level 8

I think we need LGC APPLICATION FOR Mobile's, because during suffering slow internet or Rural areas not familiar with website

Vivek Kumar Shukla
https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/111002734780268656611
Level 9

@KonstantinG thanks for bringing this issue here, I saw there are lots of suggestions similar to your post and currently LG team they are trying to speed up the main connect page to quickly load the content from PC, Mobile (advising not to post more photos to main posts etc). we will wait and see. I also like to have a mobile app.

Level 9

@KonstantinG Just a +1 for the LG app

Level 9

Would love to see this!

Level 8

@KonstantinG

Connect App it's really necessary! It's not a luxury, neither commodity, it's about working better. 

Connect website runs very slow on smartphone, it keeps asking you to sign in every time. Connect App would provide better notifications and fast usability. 

I saw Google spending time and resources on projects that unfortunately got shut down. Connect it's already a success, we are not just potential customers, we are  coworkers in love with this cause. 

We deserve an App. 

😉

Lucas Kellermann - Indaial SC
Local Guide & Waze Map Editor
Level 5

Hi @KonstantinG. Great post. I agree with you. I find the experience on the mobile site not very good so I always says to myself wait with the post until you get home and use desktop. But it never works that way, there's never enough time. And I end up not posting. 

Like you, I feel that if there was an app the experience would be better and I'd be posting and sharing more. 

Cheers 

Level 6
Level 6

Love to see LG App for Windows 10 mobile also