Regis87's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: when i cross the Level 5 , What is benefit for Me as Google Local Guide.

Hi @DeepakAgr,

Welcome to Connect! You might not know this yet, but sharing personal information is not allowed here. That's why I edited your message. @PaulPavlinovich and @ThirumuruganN have shared a lot of details about the perks and benefits of being a Local Guide (thanks guys). So I'm moving your post to a relevant thread where you can read even more opinions from other Local Guides like you. 

If you have further questions or just want to learn more about the Local Guides program, you can visit the Help Desk or search the community to find what others have already shared.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 3

Re: when i cross the Level 5 , What is benefit for Me as Google Local Guide.

For every 1,000 points, you get a free POTB*. Once you receive 10 POTB's you can exchange them for a gift card to the value of 10 POTB's! 🙂 

*POTB stands for Pat On The Back... 😄

Level 6

Rewards

Hello I am level 5 local guide still not getting any perks from google .

TheAk Hacks
Former Google Contributor

Re: Rewards

Hey @Ayush_Choudhary,

This question has been asked before and I am moving your topic here - Level 5 benefits. Please take the time to read the Solution provided.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 5

Re: Level 5 Benefits

I'm Level 5. When I add a missing business, I should wait for approval and some time it's take too much time.

How can I add new missing business location faster?

Level 7

Re: Level 5 benefits

Hey there Regis 87 I like to think of my local guide participation as a volunteer job and what I can add or contribute to make the world a little bit better than I found it vs. what I stand to get or gain from program participation. That said It seems to me that Google doesn't seem to have too much written in concrete about what rewards,  when you receive them, and exact point totals that trigger those rewards, and if they apply regionally, etc. However I can tell you that at level 4 ( google changes things often) I earned 1 Terabyte of free Google Drive storage for 2 yrs, in addition I've received vouchers for free movies at the cinema and free rentals on Google Play, and a few other random goodies here and there.  In order to ensure receiving your treats I would advise you to keep your local guide profile/achievement/points page up to date. On your local guide page check the settings options such as a  correct & current email address, Your location or city is current and up to date, and all the boxes are checked accordingly. Then keep an eye on your emails from Google for those little nuggets of appreciation for your contributions to the program. Then keep up the good work because it's my understanding that you don't get to be a Google guinea pig for new products or services, or garner invitations to special events until you creep into the higher rank levels like 9 and 10 w/50,000+ points. If you still have questions please visit the Local guides Help Center via your local guide page. Hope that helps? Tracy420

Level 6

I'm way over in Canada and so far haven't met local guides in my area.

Dont know why.

There have been a few american posts but very rare to hear from anyone in Canada. Why is that? 

ChristineBrandon
Level 6

I seriously could use some help here.

Ive been doing a lot of work and I had to purchase more memory but now it isn't enough.

Maybe I'm not the right kind of person. Like maybe my enthusiasm gets in the way!

But I passionately love mapping and helping with reviews and I've done a lot of that considering its only a small papermaking town of less than 5000 people!

So if you could pass it on to someone who might be able to help! I need more memory on my phone!!!

I have deleted all the apps that I could but it isn't enough.

Boy, could I have ever used more space, more teravytes...you were very lucky.

I hope someone at Google Maps is listening.

I'm a Level5 plus a lot of points and I haven't even added my photos to sites reviewed yet. 

ChristineBrandon
Level 5

Re: Benefit level 5+ LocalGuide

The most important issue that i see is i wish we are given allowance on every Level We reach on ,this will boost our inputs top higher Max, please look into it, thanks

Level 5

Re: I Want to Know whats the benefits of local guide

You can search it on google.