IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Let's Map Underwater [RECAP]

Exploring the world underwater and its inhabitants

I hosted this meet up as part of my underwater mapping mission, and I began my journey leaving out of Colombo early in the morning seeking a beautiful sea view as well as a place rich in reefs and its inhabitants. Unlike my last underwater mapping, I had no fellow local guides, and I took my ordinary meet up contributors from home along with me.

Ilankovan at 15M depth with fellow diversIlankovan at 15M depth with fellow divers

The day began with so much fun, and I was so excited to take part in another mission of exploring “Godagala,” which has a diving ground that is 8-15 m deep. I had to travel by an engine boat for quite a distance from the shore to reach the diving point.

Ready to check my underwater kits before the diveReady to check my underwater kits before the dive
Way to Godagala Reef with fellow diversWay to Godagala Reef with fellow diversYes, sometimes I feel happy while watching out mother natureYes, sometimes I feel happy while watching out mother nature

The water was a bit murky when I jumped in, and I was not so happy about my first vision inside the water that day. Later, after a little roaming along the water, I got into a field that was so beautiful with many rich coral reefs, well-colored polyps, and other deep-sea invertebrates. While enjoying the little friends passing me diving in their habitat, I got a group of surgeonfish gathering around me, trying to kiss me from every side.

Met this surgeon fishMet this surgeon fishThey also enjoyed with meThey also enjoyed with meHow close those lovely surgeon'sHow close those lovely surgeon'sHow close those lovely surgeon'sHow close those lovely surgeon'sThey were following IlankovanThey were following IlankovanThey were following IlankovanThey were following IlankovanThis guy came and kissed my gogglesThis guy came and kissed my goggles15M depth with buddies15M depth with buddies

I was a little excited at the beginning, and in a while, they become my friends, and they started moving with my rhythm of flips and flops. They were there with me until I finished my session. Spending a good 45 minutes inside the water,

backing to shorebacking to shoreIlankovan's smile after seeing lot of  Surgeon fishesIlankovan's smile after seeing lot of Surgeon fishesfound a small piece of shipwreckfound a small piece of shipwreck

I got back to the boat and came to the shore where my little family was playing with sand and water, almost well-tanned in the hot sun.
After having a fun-filled underwater exploration, I got home with a camera filled with very nice video clips and a heart filled with even more beautiful memories.

More Awesome photos please check this album
@KlaudiyaG@vijaih@Aruni@TraciC this how my last meetup went 🙂

Unawatuna Coral Reef, Sri Lanka
13 comments
Level 8

Re: Let's Map Underwater [RECAP]

@IlankovanT That looks like fun. I'm sure you really had a good time there. Thank you for sharing this recap with us.

Level 9

Thank you @Ant_Bad_Yogi yes I had lots of fun while seeing those group of surgeon's 🙂

Level 8

Thanks,  @IlankovanT for sharing RECAP with us.
I am inspired by you Now I am planning to do something like this.

Level 9

Hi @SShuvo happy to hear you also like to do this.you can start with the snorkeling first. you can get an idea from my previous meetup here

Level 10

Amazing meet up dear @IlankovanT...

Interesting to read the narration - liked your style..

Sorry to note that no other LGs could join you... But, it is natural, as each one has their own priorities & busy schedules..

Thanks for sharing ...

🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Google Vendor

Thank you for this amazing recap @IlankovanT, as always sharing positivity :). By the way, great photos, especially the ones where the fishes are looking at the camera.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Thank you @InaS@TravellerG..

@InaS yes they came closer to my goggles too. really I had a different experience from this dive. I'm planning some more meetups in this location in the coming months. December is the best time to see in Southern coast and I'm planning for a 28M shipwreck dive meetup soon 🙂

Level 10

Sincerely wish you, all the very best & success; If your time permits, let me know - Pre-Dive or Post-Dive, we can have a virtual meet up...

Regards

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Connect Moderator

awesome @IlankovanT 

you never fail to surprise the community and always take it to the next level. Loved the album.

Could you also share the details of the photography gear you used and any precautions you took?

Or perhaps your pro-tips to shoot underwater, I believe that is going to help a lot of people in our community ♥