AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Leaderboards of the Top 100 Most Viewed Photos

Genius, I substituted your name for mine - apologies!

Level 8

Thanks for all the effort you put into these posts. I know it must be a mammoth task.
Not only the monthly posts but the form alone must have taken many hours to put together.

Thanks @AdamGT, clearly many other LGC participants enjoy these posts also.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers
Connect Moderator

Nice to have another Aussie participate @QueBall and thanks so much for your appreciation.

Yes the form was a nightmare, still is lol, and you are right it took many hours to get it to what it is now and needs a few more hours to simplify it but this will happen progressively once we get over this next update of the leaderboards.

Once again I do have to add that the beta testers including @Kahnster, @ajitthite, @Robert24, @Cercis, and @Chacho were a great help. They did repeated testing of the early incarnations and provided excellent feedback. @MortenCopenhagen came in later and made up of lost time though his great contributions. To all of these we are all very thankful.  Since then it has been falling into place but now the real job is to put all this into practice and get the leaderboards published.  I've allowed a week for this; luckily we're still in lockdown here, there's just not much else I can do really. 

For the effort that goes into the leaderboards, if it were not for the tremendous interest of the LGC participants, I'd be out there taking lots more of photos.

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 8

Hi Adam,

I have just discovered the leaderboards and wondered if you could add me to them. 

A couple of years ago I added this photo to Maps when I visited this toy shop to get a cuddly toy for my daughter. I liked the symmetry of the entrance but never imagined it would generate this many views.

Martin_Whitehead_0-1649719572386.png

Regards,

Martin

Ipswich, UK

Level 9

Faiyum Zoo 

Is one of the zoos in Egypt and is affiliated with the Central Administration of Zoos, established in 1984 under the reign of former Governor of Fayoum, Abdul Rahim Shehata.

Caption: Star Photo updated by @Mo-TravelleerX Updated 29Dec2021

Mohamed Ahmed (Mo-TravelleerX)
Chinese Name (Wang Li 王李)
Follow me: Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - YouTube

My Greatest Articles:
My 2 Years of Experience as a Google Local Guide

My 3 Years Journey as a Google Local Guide in Egypt and China
Connect Moderator

Bild1.jpg

my personal star August 2021

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 9

1. @AdamGT  gracias por la paciencia y la ayuda.
Connect Moderator

Hi all

I'm repeating this comment here and hope that you all read this.  In just 2 hours now I will close data entry. I'm exhausted trying to help Local Guides fix their link to their star photos.  If you have time check yours.  Your link must look like the following example with the part shown in bold exactly the same:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Leaderboards-of-the-Top-100-Most-Viewed-Pho...3038857#M1171144

If yours looks different to the above example then I strongly recommend that you:

1 Revisit select the Edit my response link in this update form

image.png

2 Use the procedure at Section #29 to get the correct link and add it in your entry form and make sure that you re-submit the form.

image.png

Level 7

@AdamGT I have the same problem with the views listed in one screen as opposed to another on my profile. I have reported in the how to of the issue along with an issue with missing Reviews, Photos, and Lists, but wanted to ask you which we should use since one is extremely more than the other. Here are the screenshots. This one has been stuck at 400,848 for days even though I have added several pictures since then. The other has been increasing and now at 565,067

Screenshot_20210827-195941_Maps~2.jpg

Screenshot_20210827-200100_Maps~2.jpg

Also the web version says a different number of photos then the application does. Screenshot of the web below with 403 and above the application with 414.

Screenshot_20210827-201344_Chrome~2.jpg

Please advise as to which to use for the Leaders Board. Should I also post to the How it's?  Or the Help Desk? As a separate issue?

Thank You!

Connect Moderator

Use the best shown but only enter all answers from the one source @4CharleneWard