cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Kubereshwar Mahadev Temple Vadodara

2 years old cow and her lovely response2 years old cow and her lovely response

Lord Shiva idol - So soothing lookLord Shiva idol - So soothing look

Kubereshwar Mahadev Temple, ShreePalli society, Manjalpur, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
13 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Kubereshwar Mahadev Temple Vadodara

Hi @VineetMisra

I loved the photo of the cow, it's really amazing one, thanks for sharing with us. I've always heard that cow are considered sacred by Hindus. I think it's related to something about they were the favorite animal of Lord Krishna, is it correct? 

Would you mind telling us more about it? 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @VineetMisra,

Welcome to Local Guides Connect!

Thank you for sharing these photos with us. Is it your first visit there? The cow you took a photo of is very nice. It is very popular in Thailand to buy the life for a cow in the temple? It is a Thai tradition to buy the life for them.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hi @Aruni,

Thanks for writing to me. I go to this temple very often. i didn't understand actually what do you mean by buying life to cow in Thailand. However if you wish to know that if i donate anything for the cows then yes we go and feed them with food. They are worshiped actually in India so they are under special care. Many of the cows still roam outside India without any care and having no ownership.  These cows are kept in temple for people to feed them on some special days and its a belief system in  India that if we feed the cows on these days we get blessings from god.I am interested to know what actually buying a life to cow is. Let me know if you find time.

Level 9

Hi @FelipePK,

Thanks for liking  cow photo and writing to me.You are exactly right. The cows in India is considered to be sacred by Hindus. Also, The cow is the favorite animal of lord krishna. The cows here are for the purpose of doing something good. The main intention of keeping the cows in temple is the support the belief system in India active. On special calendar days in India, it is believed to be  very good if you feed a cow with some food. However people feed here everyday and we can do so to keep yourself connected with  such innocent animals. People can easily find here cows to feed and no need to roam and find the cow to feed. This is a Lord Shiva Temple but keeping cows in the temple is a good step towards caring animals.

Level 8

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing them @VineetMisra. If you will add some info about the temple then it would be more awesome. 

Thanks, 

Nira

Level 9

Hi @NirajBhusal,

Thanks for writing to me. Please go through this link for more information and photos alongwith videos also. I am sharing this link from google maps which has my review also. Here is the link : https://goo.gl/maps/3wqqggfpS5T2

Hope you will like it. 

Hi @VineetMisra

Wow, thank you so much for sharing that with us. It's really interesting, I've never imagined that the cows were kept in the temples. Do you know if Lord Shiva has any favorite animal too? 

Thank you for interesting @VineetMisra, Thai culture, people have to kill the cow for cooking. The story is that one day, they kill the cow but that cow is crying like asking for life. That is the reason for the cow that lives at the temple is a cow that bought life from being killed.

Level 9

HI @FelipePK,

You seems to be very interesting for taking interest in Indian Gods. In India Every god has a favorite animal or may be its called savaari in hindi. This Savaari means the the transport or personal vehicle of that God to go anywhere. Its always there with that god or Goddesses. This doesnt mean in anyways troubling the animals. This the love of those animals to be savaari of that god. These are mythological stories and its in pictures and idols only nowadays. People pray both god and their savaari. Similary Lord shiva has his savaari as OX (male cow). However, He is a special God with two animals. His Favourite animal is Snake  (Naag i.e.Cobra). It can be always seen always around his neck in any picture or idol. Lord Shiva is Lord of the Lords. Hope you like these facts.