Gaijin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Known Issue: Missing photos and points

Well, all my photos appear to be restored, but still my points continue to decrease (about a 500 points so far).

I did notice I had a few duplicate photos appearing in my photos contribution history, (though I don't remember uploading more than once).  Being a boring person who has nothing better to do, I decided to reduce spam by deleting the duplicates. Next time I log  on they are still there, so I delete again ... and so on. I wonder if each time I delete a photo it reduces my points score? Maybe the best thing to do at this stage is just delete a photo once - if it still persists in the history, then that's Google's problem: at least I tried to do the right thing.

Bermuda
5 comments
Level 9

Re: Known Issue: Missing photos and points

@Gaijin  When you say history are you going to the contribute app?  If you scroll through the photo section find a duplicate and click on it then click on the trash can in the upper right it should delete it. I have had to go back a day or so later on some, a store owner wanted to be removed and second try got it deleted.  I did it from my phone, not desktop.  The cleaner the profile the better results you will get in edits also.

Level 9

@davidcoxthanks for confirming you also have problems deleting photos. Yes, I have tried with the desktop site, the normal Maps app, Maps Preview and the Contribute apps. I don't recall having this deletion problem prior to the latest 'missing photos and points' issue. Did you? Also, have you noticed more duplicates appearing in your photo location history?

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I have decided to attempt deletion of a photo only once from now on as, being paranoid, I believe every time I attempt a deletion, my points score goes down, yet the photo persists. So, having three or four attempts to delete a photo only results in my points going down each time, yet the photo still sits there. So, my policy now is: have one attempt, if that doesn't work, then not my problem anymore.

Level 9

I have not deleted recently so can not say. The flow to points and when it is real has me totally baffled and I just keep a spread sheet to track progress to make sure I am going forward. At any one time who knows what is the correct number really is.  One and done seems like a very fair approach. Also if the algorithm finds a problem they will delete the photo anyway.

Level 7

It happen to me again after I reach Level 6. Every page is okay and correctly stated I am at Level 6. Except on "setting" page of this community, which show I only at Level 2. Why discrepancy again?
Level 7

Seem back to normal Level 6. It seem cause by I am using two google gmail account. Both has been admitted to Local Guide. One in Level 6 and one in Level 2. Usually, I have to log out one Google account before log in to the other. But today, Google allowed me to sign in one without sign out the other one. This cause problem with Google Guide Connect. sorry for inconvenient cause