Johnbhewitt's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

John Rylands Library. Manchester UK.

You’ll be entering another word when you visit The John Rylands Library on Deansgate Manchester. Opened in 1900 the library was built by Enriqueta Rylands as a memorial to her husband.

The library is owned by the University of Manchester and open to the public. It can get busy at the weekend so arrive early or visit during the week if you want some stunning images. Photography is encouraged in most areas and various victorian clothes and hats are free to use.Enriqueta RylandsEnriqueta Rylands

Sit in the reading roomSit in the reading room

Walk to the historic staircaseWalk to the historic staircase

•  
The John Rylands Library, Deansgate, Manchester, UK
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: John Rylands Library. Manchester UK.

Hi @Johnbhewitt , 

Thank you for sharing this post and this pictures. I used to live close to Manchester, but I didn't know about this library. Is it famous for having some rare book? Is it far away from Manchester Piccadilly train station?

Thank you in advance for all the information that you will provide us. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Thanks for your comments Sorbe. John Rylands Library is on Deansgate near St Anne's Square and its a 10-15 minute walk from Picadilly. It's easy to walk past without realizing what's inside.

Level 8

theguardian.com/travelers-tips

Managed to get a post in the UK Guardian about John Rylands. There are also some great posts covering UK travel in the article. The Great Orme is amazing.