VickiPilcher's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Johannesburg Meat Lovers

I’ve lived in Johannesburg for most of my life, but still, I am regularly surprised by the exciting new places I find around the city.

As a tourist in Johannesburg, one would want to visit Africa and experience an authentic South African meal. I would want to do the same when visiting a foreign country. However, I’ve been to a few authentic restaurants (some upmarket, some not so much) and have always been disappointed. If I were to pay for that quality of experience in another town, I would be very upset with the standards.

I’m not going to name and shame the restaurants but would like to recommend alternative options.

One thing South Africa does well is MEAT. Steak.

IMG_5458_.jpgIMG_5473_.jpg

A little while ago I had dinner at The Local Grill in Parktown North. A restaurant I’ve driven past for years but never been into.

It was fabulous. They offer kitchen tours and give some insight into the different types of meat on offer, and the different cuts. The food is delicious, and overall, it’s just a lovely dining experience. Hopefully to be repeated soon.

IMG_5461_.jpgIMG_5467_.jpgIMG_5468_.jpgIMG_5469_.jpg

    

IMG_5466_.jpg

  

If you’re vegetarian or vegan, don’t bother going to this place. They probably would be able to accommodate you, but I think you’d be wasting your time.

The Local Grill, Parktown North, Joahnnesburg, South Africa
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Johannesburg Meat Lovers

Hi @VickiPilcher,

Thanks for sharing this with us! This place looks awesome for any meat lover! My favourite is South African beef and biltong. 🙂 

That said, I've just released your post from the Spam Filters. I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our filters run 24/7 and they can be a little harsh at times.

You can visit this article to learn more -  Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Hi @VickiPilcher 

This place sounds amazing and I enjoyed reading your post. As a South African living overseas and planning to cut off meat really soon, I have to agree with you that if there is one thing South Africa does well is MEAT. I think it will be ok to eat meat during a visit to SA I mean why not. Local is lekker...

Level 7

Thanks for the feedback @AlexaAC 

Do you know why my post went to spam? Is there anything I should avoid in a post?

Level 7

Sorry I read the link @AlexaAC - I understand what happened. 📝

Level 7

Absolutely @LeyleyS local is LEKKER!