Eros_Hassen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Jambu

Caption: The jambu plant served over an omelet on the plate, with boiled potatoes and carrots.Caption: The jambu plant served over an omelet on the plate, with boiled potatoes and carrots.

This is a typical plant from northern Brazil, much appreciated in the state of Pará.
Also found in other countries.
In this photo, the jambu is served with an omelet.
Jambu is famous for its sensory effect on the mouth, which, when in contact with the mucosa and tongue, feels tingling and / or numbness.
It is very good, I recommend it. In addition, the plant offers therapeutic benefits.
There is also the brandy jambu, very good.
Besides being delicious, its effect is amused by the tingling and the slight sensation of analgesic numbness.

Eros_Hassen
Santarém, PA, Brasil
4 comments
Level 10

Re: Jambu

@Eros_Hassen  thanks for the post its always nice to learn about new dishes and local cuisines it gives you an option to taste the dishes when you visit the country

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Eros_Hassen,

Thank you for making us discover the North Brazilain cuisine by sharing this photo with us.

The meal looks very delicious, did you make it on your own? 

I never tasted jambu before and it's the first time that I hear about. Is jambu famous all over the country or mainly in the Northern part?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 10

Hello, @BorrisS!
I'm glad you liked the post!
I just ate it... I apologize for forgetting to mention the name of the restaurant before.
The name of the restaurant is Casa do Saulo, located in Santarém. Access is not practical, but the restaurant and the view are excellent, well worth the effort.
Here are some pictures I took of the place on the same day of the meal:
Rest. Casa do Saulo 1 - Eros Hassen.pngRest. Casa do Saulo 2 - Eros Hassen.pngRest. Casa do Saulo 3 - Eros Hassen.pngRest. Casa do Saulo 4 - Eros Hassen.png

Jambu is most famous in northern Brazil, especially in the state of Pará.
Further south, it is little known by Brazilians themselves.

It is well known in Pará and in the Amazon Region, mainly in the preparation of dishes: Pato no Tucupi and Tacacá.
Which are typical dishes of the region and very much appreciated during Círio de Nazaré, which is a great Christian religious event, which takes place on the second Sunday of October in Belém, capital of Pará and gathers more than 2 million people in processions and pilgrimages.
Eros_Hassen
Former Google Contributor

Thank you sharing all these details @Eros_Hassen and these photos, breathtaking!

The view is simply incredible! 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!