DavidH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Is it conflict of interest or has it been long enough!

Ok so I've worked most my life in the world of gourmet culinary,  working for places like angels of the wind, Tulalip banquets or rather all ther venues, that said I decided to try and help some people out and at the same time extra money is always nice. So I accepted a job at a place called boondockers s in like 2012 at this time my primary bread winner job was in fact Tulalip going on 3 yes at that time with Tulalip.  So as I said I accepted a position with boondockers during the time I worked the I had seen some horrific stuff. Guests would leave and the owner would pour ther left over oj  back into a pitcher so he didn't have to make more. Or ther main cook would scratch himself or pick his face then immediately play with a customer's food, I expressed many times to everyone about the importance of sanitation and gloves this place was a walking sespool for germs and bacteria,  and everything I saw it immediately talked to the owner about just for him to give me that smug we don't care attitude. This went on about a week the a holiday came about and until now I've never had to open a cooling unit ie fridge or freezer and so I walked into work after just getting off at Tulalip and it was business as usual, but today I was asked to prep some food, and in my surprise there was blood dried on ther cutting surface this day and when I opened the fridges they were at or about room temp during the hot summer day, I immediately got my thermometer out and started with the produce then moved on to every container of meat to be served this day and the next and found everything to be way outside the danger zone and alot of it had already been in there past its dates so I closed the coolers and told the owner to my surprise he asked what I believe we should do, in response I said close or bring new products in and hold them on ice but it here way we can't use anything out of the coolers, he said for me to try and make service happen anyhow, so I immediately grabbed ice and anything still salvageable got put on ice and when service started we were running out of everything and I wouldn't let anyone bring products from the coolers I refuse to take that responsibility I 100% know better, the owner came back and in his fashion goes on a tiraid yelling at everyone and especially me for letting his products run out and so on then he told the other cooks to start feeding people the stuff in the 80% coolers that was out dated and hot. This was when I told the owner I'm leaving don't call me. 3 people I know got sick that day. But I didn't serve it. I went home went to bed and 2 days later the owner calls me says would you come back to work I said no of course. So in total time I worked here about a week. Got my check a month later and never returned  my friends keep trying them out hoping they will change but still haven't apparently this was a good place when they were in Lake steaven so the few loyal die hardship some how still keep hanging on. That all said. The point or problems I have .

1. Is it conflict of interest as it has been so long ?

2. I wrote a review from my culinary prospective and never said anything what's just basically my opinion. Because it popped up in app. Now I have the owner bringing my history public, I guess I should have seen it coming only one thing matters to him more then money and that is defending himself online . Literally I watched this guy yell and scream at his pc in the office then start yelling in text to them about the review.

3. I mentioned no harm directly to him or the business as to the lack of specifics . But I did write back encouraging him to yell and scream and release personal info , we'll more baited him. And said I will delete it in 24hrs as I didn't want problems and at same token encouraged anyone to read it to be honest and write ther own review good or bad . 

I've never dealt with that before, to me it's an opinion and to me and all who know me a very true opinion. Should I take it down?  Can this guy cause me damage over an opinion?

I've come to very much enjoy writing reviews on everything and don't want to have to stop because of one bad attitude owner.

2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Is it conflict of interest or has it been long enough!

Hi @DavidH, it is up to your discretion whether to take down the review or not. As a quick refresher, do check out the Local Guides Program rules.

Looks like it's your first post, so welcome Local Guides Connect. Connect is a global community forum where Local Guides from all over the world share their experiences and ideas with one another.

As you are new here, I recommend reading this post for tips and best practices when using Connect. Be sure to explore the many different boards to find out what Local Guides are talking about. Join in a conversation if the topic interests you, and if not, feel free to start one. Have fun!

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 3

Re: Is it conflict of interest or has it been long enough!

Thanks I've read in detail the links shared and have decided to take it down . I didn't find my writing to a violation of our guidelines that I read but as not to create drama or miss intended feelings bestowed in my comments. Again thank you I needed to read some of the guidelines again. And I will try that place again in a couple weeks maybe see about getting a few people to join me for non Bias collaboration if anything gets written this time