GeorgeR68's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Irritating? A little bit. What? The same institution under different names.

Has that ever happened to you, if you want to write an opinion about a place, do you get a few alternative names as in my case described below?

northgate medical center x 7a.pngnorthgate medical center x 7b.pngnorthgate medical center x 7c.png

For over 10 years I have been a patient at Northgate Medical Center Dr Davenport and Partners in Pontefract (England), Northgate Medical Center in short name. In Google Maps, five different names for one and the same clinic are marked on the map.

There are even seven names in the search results!

Do you have any ideas, how to solve this problem?

For example, to automatically reject new names entered by local guides for the same building (address) if the place already exists.

northgate medical center x 5.pngfive x northgate medical center.png

5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Irritating? A little bit. What? The same institution under different names.

Hi @GeorgeR68 

We have this situation all over the Maps and we could help submit edit to Google Maps to merge these places with duplicates names.

Here is one link Best Practice Reporting duplicates from @JanVanHaver that explain the best way how to do that.

Is it answer your issue ?

View solution in original post

Level 9

Dot.: Irritating? A little bit. What? The same institution under different names.

Solving this problem with duplicate sites will make the Google maps transparent and clean like a clear sky on a cloudless day, in my opinion.

Level 9
Solution

Hi @GeorgeR68 

We have this situation all over the Maps and we could help submit edit to Google Maps to merge these places with duplicates names.

Here is one link Best Practice Reporting duplicates from @JanVanHaver that explain the best way how to do that.

Is it answer your issue ?

Connect Moderator

Thanks @emuniruzaman for linking to that post. It gives me great joy if people can actually use those Best Practice posts.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 9

Dot.: Irritating? A little bit. What? The same institution under different names.

@emuniruzaman thank you very much for linking to that post. It is very helpful.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @GeorgeR68,

Thanks for reaching out!

It seems @emuniruzaman has provided you with an efficient answer to your question.

I am letting you know that I have moved your post to How-tos, where others with the same issue may benefit from the discussion. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!