vondachnicolau's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Introducing myself April 2018

Hello everyone,

My name is Lucia and I’m a level 6 local Google guide who currently lives in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

I became a local guide because I was always curious about the world around me and I liked to explore and share my newfound knowledge  with others. I have travelled and lived in different countries. I love discovering new things, and sharing information about cultural, culinary, and athletic events whenever I have a chance to do it.

Being a guide is also rewarding because I enjoy belonging to a community of like minded people. I appreciate the reviews and recommendations of other guides, finding them to be useful.

Most importantly, I am proud to be part of the Google guide community because I feel like we play an important role in raising awareness about the cultural differences and similarities that we all experience and share as digital travelers and guides around the world.

As a Google certified teacher, I always think about fun educational ways to use Google tools in my program. I have used the Google Maps app in order to give my students an opportunity to share information about their cultural backgrounds. As part of our projects, students will create a Google guide group to share their backgrounds, journeys and stories.

I would be very honored and excited to be invited to meet everyone at the Connect Live 2018 in California.

Toronto, ON, Canada
4 comments
Level 8

Re: Introducing myself April 2018

@vondachnicolau Hello Lucia and welcome to the community. Nice introduction and thank you for making the world a better place.

Level 8

Hi @vondachnicolau

That's a nice introduction. Your contributions are valuable to the community. 

Good luck with your Connect Live application!

Level 8

@vondachnicolauHi Lucia! Welcome to the Community - From a fellow Canadian.

Amelia Does Dinner -YouTube / Instagram / Facebook
Level 8

Thank you for sharing your story with us, @vondachnicolau