Introducing Google Local Guides In Bangladesh

First Sticker for communityFirst Sticker for community

যে কাজ গতকাল কঠিন ছিল 

আজ সে কাজ অনেক সহজ 

যে কথাটা গরল ছিল 

আজ সেই কথাটা অমৃত সরস 

Meetup Name: Introducing Google Local Guides In Bangladesh

Date: Mar 7,2015

Location: United International University (Ex Dhanmondi Campus) 

Dhaka -1207

Event announcement link: Introducing Google Local Guides in Bangladesh

Meetup Photos album: Meetup Photos 

Bangladesh local guides all meetup info : BDLG Community All Meetup list

March 7,2015 Start Bangladesh local guides officially start journey after Local Guides  Team approval ,

It's our  first meetup too  . and thanks god we are First that time unofficial community . also maybe this is first unofficial Meetup too. 

always we want to give thanks Shanon , jesmine , Katie Glass , Corrie Devidson , Christina and Traci with our there help and guide line we can't start this that time . 

That time more then 200 people show interest to join this meetup but our managed university lab maximum accommodation 60 . so we invite 60 people that time maybe 52-55 people attend that day . 

Pic: Introducing Local guides in meetup 

That time also attend few  Map maker Regional lead this event they help to attende how to add place and edit location. edit polygon , create a road etc 

New local guides maybe not know that time re give review use Google + in there one option review use that , also use maps too . 

but we prefer easy to review use Google plus review option . that time also show spam marked review  "red highlighted "

Pic: 2015 Local Guides  review  tutorial 

Picture: attend people use Google plus to give  review .

That time only one point for a review no extra point for add location or photos .upload video , Edit any location or give question answer .

Mahabub Hasan
Dhaka, Bangladesh
26 comments
Level 9

Re: Introducing Google Local Guides In Bangladesh

I think that idea was very helpful to invite new local guides. Thank you @MahabubMunna for sharing with us.

Level 10

হ্যাঁ ভাই কিন্তু ২০১৫ তে শুধু অনুমতি পেতে আমার এক বছর সময় লেগেছিল এক বছর নাছরবান্দা লেগে থাকার ফল আজ এই বাংলাদেশ লোকাল গাইড , গর্ব করে ও বলতে পারি আমেরিকার পর বাংলাদেশ শুরু করেছিল কার্যক্রম 🙂 । আমরা বাঙ্গালিরা চাইলেই পারি  @AbdullahAM । শুধু দরকার সকলের সহযোগিতা 

Mahabub Hasan
Former Google Contributor

Hi @MahabubMunna,

Woww so nice the 1st Meet-up too, you guys even organized a workshop and everything, it was very amazing and impressed. 😃 

Very well done guys!!

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Great @MahabubMunna

Thanks brother for sharing

Level 7

I think it was a great starting. Thank You @MahabubMunna for acquaint us with Google Local Guides.

Level 9

Those stickers were more lucrative

Level 10

Thanks @FelipePK always try to do something new . lab based , tech talk , training , map slam , add public toilet in, food crawl . hill tracking and mapping and many more   almost all type meetup finish  🙂

now just wait for new type activity from your team @FelipePK

Mahabub Hasan
Level 2

Hi .my name Imran from rajshahe..I want to be local guide..whats benefits to that lacal guide

Level 8

I was get some awesome gift from @Mahbub Hasan. Local Guides sticker  from Bangladesh Local Guides.I was get some awesome gift from @Mahbub Hasan. Local Guides sticker from Bangladesh Local Guides.