Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself - September 2016

Great introduction Laurie! I can really tell you love being a guide. Thanks for sharing some great tips & inspiration. If you ever visit Colorado look me up 🙂

Level 3

1. Name: Thiago Valentin
  2. Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Being able to share it's the best thing we can do! Myself, I can share my opinion and experiences abou what I have done in town and, at the same time, I am able to see and collect info from the others - it doesn't matter whether prior to adventuring myself in a certain venue or just comparing opinions after all. That drives me to several questions, such as: "what can be improved in my/his/her/their experience?" / "how different can it be when I come back to this place?" / "among my friends and communities I am part of, who will be interested in coming here?" ... plus several others. It fascinates me when I found someone that had exactly the same experience as I did and we can share that moment; or even if they had a completely opposite experience, then we have to talk and see why that has happened. Two last things to point out: one is the differences along the year due to the four seasons; it always give me the "I want more" feeling so that I want to come at least once a season. Second, when I see a picture from a place that I have been (let us say, a big park) and I don't recognize the angle, I just want to jump out of my chair and run there right away to find that particular spot! 😃
  4. I love to share: Ok, I might have got too much excited on topic 3, so I guess I have covered most of it. I like to share my experiences, and that's why I ended up creating a sort of travel blog, focusing on the city I am currently living in, but telling also about my experience in other places during my trips.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I used to leave some comments on Google Maps (once in a while) and then that became more frequent, I received an email from Google talking about the Local Guides and I found it fantastic. So I signed up right away!
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I lead an Origami group in Calgary - my favourite kind of arts since I was a little kid.
Level 10

Re: Introduce Yourself - September 15th 2016

I love sunrisesI love sunrises

Hello. I'm Name: Jason Yeaman and I currently reside in:

imthemobileguru. I am a mobile tech blogger by hobby, and work for the DoD documenting systems. Knowledge sharing is what I love most about  being a local guide. Writing, photography, documentation is what I love but filling knowledge gaps is what I am good at. Fun fact about me: I love panoramic photography:

Bear Lake, sunrise and it's all mineBear Lake, sunrise and it's all mine

And I love capturing 360 sphere view photography...in storms:

IMG_5597.JPG

IMG_5601.JPG

I'm the guy that documents everything on camera because I always seem to have my back turned when it happens:

This defines my lifeThis defines my life

https://youtu.be/qdFUBoEDFfo

i have a blog about mobile technology:

www.imthemobile.guru

🙂

Imthemobile.guru
Level 6

1. Name: Melanie

2. Location: Naples, Florida, USA

3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: It's fun to explore new places and share my experiences in a way that will help others.

4. I love to share: Facts about locations that will help others make decisions on places to visit.

5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Google emailed me.

6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to travel. I have lived in 30 states and have visited 29 countries so far. (I'm currently writing this from Romania.)

Visiting Sydney, AustraliaVisiting Sydney, Australia

Level 8

Hi @MelanieD 

welcome to Google Connect!

Valentina Caldito, Local Guide-Panamá,LG SUMMIT Attende
li-image id="128352i6806EC310B635E24" width="26" height="19" alt="panama-flag-clipart-6.jpg" align="left" resized="true" size="small" sourcetype="new">
Level 6

Name: Michael Griffiths
What do I love about being a Local Guide: 

Firstly I love to travel. Some of my most amazing experiences have been from local people telling me to go places that aren't on the normal tourist route. It seems a real shame that people miss out on these experiences because they don't know where to look. I love being able to read other people's experiences and post on my own.

Secondly, I love the gamification of the local guides. It pushes me to be more active as I provide more and more content and work towards badges etc.

Finally, it's a nice way to give back to your local community by sharing what's so great about where you live.
I love to share: 360 photos, but also reviews of places I have been.
How did I hear about Local Guides: I wanted to find a way to create and share 360 photos.
Fun Fact About Me: 

Although it's not my main profession, I'm a trained stunt actor and still like to do this on the side. You can see me in the latest Pirates Of The Carribean movie.

Level 2

Name: Andreas

Nickname: peddy
What do I love about being a Local Guide: I want to share some places in my hometown for new citizens. Especially for climbers. On the other hand, i like to share some photos and photosphere, to treasure some special places. At least, I like discover new technology by my own and with others.

Fun Fact About Me: I like to jump from bridges: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-8yYnKSDVI , hiking and climbing.

Anybody here from Hamburg/Germany?

Greetings to all guides,

peddy

Level 8

Name: Adel

What do I love about being a Local Guide: It is Great to help People and to Share Experiences.

How did I hear about Local Guides: Adv. from Google i guess, don't remember exactly!! but long time ago i was sharing my photos on Google+ and i thought it was the same thing as Google Maps 😄

Fun Fact About Me: I have pretty Girl her name is Lilly, I'm a physiotherapist,  I love to travel around with my family @muhamadadel in Instagram you will find out about my trips.
happy to be part of the project 🙂

Former Google Contributor

1. Name: Anna
  2. Location: New York, USA 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide:  I find the LG community inspiring.  It so great to connect people throughout the world and learn more about where they are from. I also love seeing how many people have looked at the photos I've uploaded to maps.  I love knowing that I'm helping others!
  4. I love to share:  Photos!  It's not just my job, it's something I love to do!
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I work on the team.  I started at Google in 2015 and found the Local Guides community particularly exciting. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me:  I play soccer, or as the rest of the world calls it, football.  I love to play and am on a few different teams in NYC. 
Level 10

1. Name: Riccardorb.jpg
    2. Location: Bergamo, Italy
    3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I think that the future will be based on system like G Maps, I love the idea to be in a place, switch on google maps and know what is sorrounding me. If I need a good coffee, or if I would like to have a beer in a very googd place the opinions of the travellers are precious. I hope that the system will be better in future with some "trusted" opinions because unfortunately today many review are composed by 3/4 words that only say "good place" or somethig similar.
    4. I love to share: I love to share my opinion. I love to share pictures that help people when they need a tip about a place. I'm sharing a lot of pictures especially regards hotels and bar/pub.
    5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Well I started to write reviews as soon as I got my first Android smartphone

Fun Fact About Me: My left eyebrow 😄