Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - January 2017 Hi Piers

Thoughtful introduction @PiersMidwinter!

Are you are a native english speaker? So then did you move to Poland or? What do you teach?

Here is a photo from California.Santa Claus Beach CaliforniaSanta Claus Beach California

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=142358#M142358
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself - January 2017 Hi Piers

Hi @IndiaC - Yes I am a Native English Speaker and a qualified teacher. I have several teaching qualifications and two google certs. I first got a job in Poland teaching Information Communication Technology in April 2007 in Warsaw (The capital of Poland) and then later moved to Krakow. Whilst in Krakow, I bought a flat there and then temporarily moved back to the UK for a short time. In August 2011, I moved permanently to Poland. Since then, I have been building my teaching business and in April 2014, I set up my own company so I can work freelance. I work with clients across the whole range - Universities, Schools, Companies, Language Schools and individuals... 

How about you IndiaC?

Piers Midwinter
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - January 2017

Nome: Gianluca

Luogo: Vicenza

Che cosa mi piace in Local Guides: Mi piace usarlo quando mi muovo in posti che conosco poco e mi piace aggiungere nuovi luoghi e foto a quelli mancanti

Cosa mi piace condividere: Mi piace condividere le mie foto e le mie opinioni sperando che siano utili a qualcun'altro

Dove ho sentito parlare di Local Guides: Penso di aver sentito parlare delle Local Guides usando l'applicazione

Curiosità su di me: Appassionato di Birre Artigianali, mi piacciono i go-kart, gioco con i quadricotteri nonostante l'età 🙂

There's no patch for human stupidity
Level 6

Introduce myself
1. Name : Lacey Carpenter
2. Location : Monroe Louisiana 
3. What do I love about being Local Guide : I just find a nice feeling coming from knowing I'm a piece of that map and this town and their trip thru town. 
4. I love to share : My photos, but I love to add new places our suggest edits!
5. How did I hear about Local Guides: the Photos app suggested I add a photo from my album and it weren't from there.
6. Fun Fact About Me : I LOVE geocaching...which helps me with my contributions to maps!

image_20161221_102213_0691621038195.jpg

Level 8

@LaceyC Hi Lacey, I also love geocaching.

good luck

Level 2

Hello everyone! My name is Alexis and I'm sort of new to this Local Guides thing in general. Sorry in advance for anything I might do wrong!

1. Name: Alexis
  2. Location: Connecticut, USA 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Seeing as that I'm only a couple hours old on Local Guides, I guess what I love about it is having my opinion out there are my pictures to be seen, helping people always makes me smile 🙂
  4. I love to share: Anything really! I'm quite an open person. I love taking photos, playing video games and love nature. I'd love to share my passions with as many people as I can!
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: (Long story short) On vacation in California summer of 2016, I took a picture of my nacho's at a restaurant. Google wanted my permission to post it on Google Maps, I did (because why not?), January of 2017 I receive a email saying "Your photo reached a new record on Google Maps!" Shocked, I opened the email and that simple picture of nacho's has gotten viewed 3,000+ times (and counting!). I was invited to join, and here I am! 😄
  6. Fun Facts About Me: I am currently a college student, I love video games, anime & manga, animals and so much more. I hope to graduate in 4 years with my bachelors in biology (Class of 2020), and then hopefully in 8 years I'll have my doctorate in veterinary medicine 🙂

I look forward to talking, sharing and possibly even working with some of you!!

Level 9

• Name: Nilesh Gudape
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: 

1) I travel a lot and visit many places for work as well as for personal reasons, previously I used to be dependent on local for finding address, now I can find it on Google maps and edit the places so that I can be helpful to others.

• I love to share: photo of places, edit for correct address.

• How did I hear about Local Guides: I received mail when I contributed in editing address on maps.
  • Fun Fact About Me: love to travel and would like to see the world.
Level 8

Hi everyone

Howdy!

Tehri lake viewTehri lake view

Level 4

1. Name: Tucker
  2. Location: Bangalore, India
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I like how easy it is to contribute.
  4. I love to share: Knowledge, because incorrect information is a horrible thing. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Email and a promise of 100Gb Drive.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am a world traveler, business owner, entrepreneur, and startup veteran. Check out my companies (writtenmedicine.com) and (bindiandbeard.com). Yes, that is a shameless plug. Sorry.
Level 7

1. Name: Evelin
  2. Location: São Paulo - SP, BR
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I can offer to people around the world tips, pictures and recomendations about my experience in different places
  4. I love to share: I love to share low cost places and photos.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I don't remember really.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I have an "engineer look" over almost everything. I love cooking, I prefer to do everything with Excel, I'm a big fan of Google and every night I spend ~20 minutes on twitter (@evelinprestes)